SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Pray for my beleaguered marriage

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Ropafadzo

Harare, Zimbabwe

Pray for my beleaguered marriage

Please pray for my marriage that is threatened by collapse just months after inception.

I feel quite demanded spiritually and I am both emortionally and physically exhausted. We are fighting incessantly and trully the Devil is threatening to destroy what the Lord allowed us to have. I know there is sufficient faith in this community. Pray for us as a couple even as we are advanced in our state of coming apart that we both manage to settle our differences and give life and hope to the unborn child. Pray for my wife who is resisting prayer and who is still challenged in faith and pray also for me that I learn the goodness of standing down as a husband and leading at the front. All Glory to God.

2005/12/19 2:51Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: Pray for my beleaguered marriage

praying brother...

2005/12/19 2:52Profile
AsliEren

Dallas, Texas

Praying for you brother

2005/12/19 5:56Profile
dohzman

I will pray for ya, but with prayer may I make a few suggestions. The proverbs says whhere there is no wood the fire soon goes out, so where the oppurtunity to argue is present just don't add wood or fuel to the fire, also a gentle answer turns away wrath. These precepts from the Word of God work! Not only are the teachings of the Bible something to be read and studied but also something to be done or applied to our daily lives. God's Word is trusthworthy and steady. Place on a post card what the Lord is speaking to you and place it on a frig. magnet so not only you read it but also your wife whom God has given you.
Secondly, I've observed that Jesus went where He was invited, so constantly ---you---- on a personal level, invite Jesus into your marriage, and don't faint in your pursuit of such a request.

On a personal note, as a minister of the gospel, I can testify to you (as I'm sure many in christianity can), that there is a devil behind the scenes putting discord into your wifes head as well as trying to do the same to you. So get some close christian ----local---- friends together and start praying. I trust that you folks atttend a local gathering of fellow believers somewhere close to your home there, and that on a regular basis. Rember "the banana that strays from the bunch gets pealed". One of the key elements of satan has always been to divide and conquer. So don't give up, your in a spiritual battle. God bless Bro. Daryl

2005/12/19 7:14Profile
roadsign

what is a leader

Quote:
pray for my wife who is resisting prayer

Often marital conflicts come from misunderstanding of God's expectations regarding order. I sense that you are wanting to be the leader that God has called you to, but perhaps your wife is resisting your authority.

It helps me to think of a shepherd leading sheep. He doesn't go behind the sheep and push them. He goes in front and they follow after him. He leads by example. The sheep follow because they WANT to.

You too can lead best by example, not by making her do what you want her to do. Do you really want her to pray because she is supposed to "be obedient to you" or because there is a hunger in her heart that moves her to pray?

Even Jesus did not make any one follow him. In fact, his way of leadership was so backwards to our understanding of leadership. Jesus washed feet, not because the feet were really dirty, and cleaning then was a servant's job. Jesus was a servant.

Ask God to reveal some of the needs of your wife, and then tenderly meet her there. Perhaps she needs some freedom and space to grow, to learn about herself, her fears, her desires, her expectations. If you give her the space, there will be more hope for your marriage than if you push too hard.

I suspect that God is using your wife to bring crucifixion into your own life - to help you recognize your faulty desires behind the conflicts, and then lead you to surrender those desires.

When you see what God is doing through your wife, helping you to conform to Christ, you will jump up and down with delight and gratitude. After all, your relationship with Christ is the only permanent relationship that you will ever have. You will not have your wife through eternity. (Now don't say, I'm Glad!!)

Diane

2005/12/19 7:52Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re: what is a leader

Brother,

I just pray that Jesus stands between you and your wife.

My pastor rebuked me a couple of months ago for not spending quality time with my wife. I was also surprised several months ago hearing during my morning prayer time that I needed to regularly clean the house. As we have begun to enjoy one another's company, her hunger for Jesus has increased. As I've begun to help her with the household tasks, our intimacy has increased as well.

Prior to that we argued because she didn't want to get up to pray and read the Word. It's always the love of Jesus that draws us to Him.

I'm not accusing you of being critical but am explaining the basis of our arguments. Jesus is dealing with this critical spirit in me and as it's exsponged from my heart our marriage is beginning to heal. Jesus never asks us to fix another but leading them through our example.

Will you serve your wife as you serve Jesus and take whatever complaints you have to Him? If you do that, you will see Jesus deal with both your hearts and your marriage will be restored. The Holy Spirit will also begin to woo your wife. I've seen this happen not only in my life but in the lives of several of my friends.

Blessings to you...

2005/12/19 15:28Profile
sj

I will pray, but may i suggest the book
"Created to Be His Helpmeet" by Debi & Michael Pearl
http://www.nogreaterjoy.org/

There are some WONDERFUl articles on there especially to help wives know how to be a wife.
In this feminist, society and church system it's very difficult for a woman to find Biblical wisdom and example. I pray this helps.
My wife and I has grown as a result of this ministry
Also may i suggest (this ones free)
Charity Gospel Tape Ministries

http://www.charityministries.org/tapeministry/tapelist.cfm?where=MP3&value=Y

Dont be thrown off by their appearance they minster in amish communities which is why they dress they way they do.
Anyway perhaps the sermon "Godly men have radiant wives" by Denny Kenneaston might come in handy for you.

And "The hidden woman" by Kennaston for your wife.

If i can give one good bit of advise from the husband point of view it's this:
Authority never has to raise it's voice to be heard. If you shout in prayer you wont at your wife...just thought i'd be real.

2005/12/19 16:48Profile
dullrainbow

Iowa U.S.

will be mindful to pray, the union of marriage is a serious matter. My heart is with you both.

2005/12/19 18:45Profile
Ropafadzo

Harare, Zimbabwe

Re:

I thank you all for coming in togetherness against the Evil one who was threatening to steal from me what the Lord desires that I have to His Glory. As I have learnt, trully:

" we are not contending against flesh and blood, but against the prioncipalities, against the powers, against the world rulers of this present darkness,against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." Eph 6:12.

There were demonic vestiges within my home and we were brought to a destructive fight over an issue that we would normally solve over tea. It is worthy also that I reveal that we have been fighting ever since we were dating over such small things. I hadn't received the Lord's anointing to understand the other spiritual realms beyond the good heavenly realms so back then we were fighting each other in a very fleshy manner. We almost undid each other but I have always known how to ask of my whims through Christ and not through my own heart. I have won wars. Being married at all is testifying to this victory. So when we thought we had won and gone against all odds to be in peaceful and blessed matrimony I see the Dermon of destructive vengeance bearing his ugly head. In the name of Jesus the battle was conquered at Calvary and what we contented with are remnants of bitter defeated Demons.

We won thanks to your prayers and yes we found each other in one another's arms when I got home yesterday evening from a session of spiritual warfare with other believers. And it has been affirmed that like Lazarus' death, our strife was not to end in death but in the Glory of God. John 11:4. And I have found strength in this rather unfortunate event. For my faith has been heightened and will not be the same again. I am in thanks to you all for what you have done in the name of our Lord for me and may your faith also be heightened by this testimony. I trust that our Lord who fights for us will be earnestly be of us and us of Him and in this strength of purpose we will be together with Him in Heaven. Glory to God. Halleluaih

2005/12/20 4:13Profile
ANewInHim

Re:

Ropafadzo,

I am so Happy for You, truly I AM. There was such a bubbling of Joy inside me yesterday. I new that all would be well, The Lord has shown me that he makes everything BEAUTIFUL, in it’s time.

That which is has already been, and what is to be has already been; Ecc 3:15

Isn’t God’s word Wonderful, there is always something to learn and a desire to grow in him.

MERRY CHRISTIMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR
FELIZ NAVIDAD Y PROSPERO ANO NUEVO

Blessings to you,

-ANewInHim

2005/12/20 10:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy