SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Remember: PRAY!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Maria

USA

Remember: PRAY!!!

Everyone remember to keep all who are involved in getting these messages up and running in your prayers!! Especially Greg Gordan, the webmaster.

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed." 2 Corinthians 9:8

Praise the Lord for His faithfulness in putting His Word in our hearts and declaring it on this site!

Maria :-D :-D

2003/6/23 13:59Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Remember: PRAY!!!

"The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective" - James 5:16b

I believe God is going to use these audio sermons for his wonderful purposes, "not to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us" - Ephesians 3:20

more than we ask..

more than we can imagine..

thats awesome, Lord have thy will with this site and resources use them for your Glory, "glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! AMEN."

2003/6/23 17:28Profile
rooster

Intercession
(Christ intercedes for us in heaven, the Spirit intercedes for us in our hearts)
Hebrews 7.25
Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them.
In heaven Christ lives to pray. His whole communion with His Father is prayer: an asking and receiving of the fullness of the Spirit for His people. God delights in nothing so much as in prayer. Will we not learn to believe that the highest blessings of heaven will be unfolded to us as we pray more?
Romans 8.26
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
While we are in this world, hoping and waiting for what we see not, we must be praying. Hope supposes desire, and that desire offered up to God is prayer. As to the matter of our requests, we know not what to ask. We are not competent judges of our own condition. Who knows what is good for a man in this life? Eccl. 6:12. We are short-sighted, and very much biassed in favour of the flesh, and apt to separate the end from the way, (Antecedent/Conclusion). You know not what you ask, Mt. 20:22. We are like foolish children, that are ready to cry for fruit before it is ripe and fit for them; see Lu. 9:54, 55 & 2 Sa. 7:27. The Spirit in the heart helps, dwelling in us, working in us, as a Spirit of grace and supplication, especially with respect to the infirmities we are under when we are in a suffering state, when our faith is most apt to fail; for this end the Holy Ghost was poured out. Helpeth, synantilambanetai . heaves with us, over against us, helps as we help one that would lift up a burden, by lifting over against him at the other end-helps with us. ***There may be praying in the Spirit where there is not a word spoken; as Moses prayed (Ex. 14:15), and Hannah, 1 Sa. 1:13. It is not the rhetoric and eloquence, but the faith and fervency, of our prayers, that the Spirit works, as an intercessor, in us. Cannot be uttered; they are so confused, the soul is in such a hurry with temptations and troubles, we know not what to say, nor how to express ourselves. Here is the Spirit interceding with groans that cannot be uttered. When we can but cry, Abba, Father, and refer ourselves to him with a holy humble boldness, this is the work of the Spirit. The Spirit in the heart never contradicts the Spirit in the word. Those desires that are contrary to the will of God do not come from the Spirit. The Spirit interceding in us evermore melts our wills into the will of God. Not as I will, but as thou wilt. To a hypocrite, all whose religion lies in his tongue, nothing is more dreadful than that God searches the heart and sees through all his disguises. To a sincere Christian, who makes heart-work of his duty, nothing is more comfortable than that God searches the heart, for then he will hear and answer those desires which we want words to express. He knows what we have need of before we ask, Mt. 6:8. He knows what is the mind of his own Spirit in us. And, as he always hears the Son interceding for us, so he always hears the Spirit interceding in us, because his intercession is according to the will of God.
Isa 53:12 Therefore will I divide him [a portion] with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God.

2003/6/23 22:20Profile
Maria

USA

Re:

Quote:
"The Spirit in the heart helps, dwelling in us, working in us, as a Spirit of grace and supplication, especially with respect to the infirmities we are under when we are in a suffering state, when our faith is most apt to fail; for this end the Holy Ghost was poured out."

Amen! He is so faithful!

Quote:
"Cannot be uttered; they are so confused, the soul is in such a hurry with temptations and troubles, we know not what to say, nor how to express ourselves. Here is the Spirit interceding with groans that cannot be uttered. When we can but cry, Abba, Father, and refer ourselves to him with a holy humble boldness, this is the work of the Spirit."

Amen again! This is how I've been feeling lately...I might quote this on my website.

Quote:
"The Spirit interceding in us evermore melts our wills into the will of God."

So true!! He gives us the desires of our hearts -- in other words, He puts HIS desires within our hearts. =) Praise our Covenant keeping God!!

Quote:
"To a hypocrite, all whose religion lies in his tongue, nothing is more dreadful than that God searches the heart and sees through all his disguises. To a sincere Christian, who makes heart-work of his duty, nothing is more comfortable than that God searches the heart, for then he will hear and answer those desires which we want words to express."

Yes!!

I know I just quoted a lot of what you said, but I am so blessed!! Thank you!!

--Maria :-D

2003/6/24 21:46Profile
rooster

Re:

***Prayer is the language of Jesus' friends....
Here is a poem I read yesterday, I hope it ministers to you as it did me. The poem is in reponse to John 2:5-

***Ephesian 2:10 - "For ye are HIS *Poetry...

Leave the Miracle to HIM

"Whatever HE bids you, do it!"
Though you may not understand,
Yield to HIM complete obedience,
Then you'll see HIS mighty hand,
"Fill the waterpots with water"
Fill them to the very brim;
HE will honor all your trusting-
Leave the miracle to HIM.

Oh, ye Christians, learn the lesson,
Are you struggling all the way?
Cease your trying, change to trusting,
Then you'll triumph every day.
"Whatsoe'r HE bids you, do it"
Fill the waterpots to the brim,
But remember, 'tis HIS battle-
Leave the miracle to HIM.
God Bless You....

2003/6/25 10:25Profile
TaKa

Louisiana

Hey, I like that translation: "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective" - James 5:16b

In another version, it says that the fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. Andrew Murray said that it is only fervent prayer that avails with God, and only the fervent prayer of a righteous man that will be effective.

Our life affects our prayers, and the only way to become righteous is through prayer, so it works both ways. Let us watch ourselves, especially in these evil days in which we live.

Surely the enemy roams about seeking whom he may devour, but the Spirit of Christ in us will be victorious if we continue to submit ourselves to Him.

Let us make our lives a prayer that is pleasing to God, and He will make our paths straight and our intercession effective and availing.

2003/6/26 8:13Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy