SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : I want to KNOW God!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tacklebox

Roanoke Rapids, NC

I want to KNOW God!!!

One of the things Ravenhill said has been greatly troubling me.

He said that Jesus' main reason for living, dying and being resurrected is revealed in John 17:

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."

That leads me to ask myself, "Chris, do YOU know God?"

It has been troubling me - but in a good way - in a convicting way.

"That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death" -Phil. 3:10

It troubles me that the apostle Paul, probably the greatest Christian who ever lived, used the word "may" in that verse. Didn't Christ Himself appear to him?

If Paul recognized that he hadn't arrived at a full knowledge of God, what a fool that makes me!!!

I am tired of being ignorant of God. I study His Word, but I want more! I want to KNOW God!!!

2005/12/15 16:49Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: I want to KNOW God!!!

I know exactly what you mean. This hunger to know Him is a very good thing. And we will spend eternity getting to know Him more, it will never end!

Here's Paul's words on the Damascus road, at the beginning of His walk...

[i]And I answered, [b]Who art thou, Lord[/b]? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest. And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me. And I said, [b]What shall I do, Lord[/b]? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.[/i](Acts 22:8-10)

I think these are the two questions we will ever be asking Him, who are you? and what shall I do in your service? We have eternity to get to know God, what could be better than that?

In Christ,

Ron

2005/12/15 18:59Profile
dullrainbow

Iowa U.S.

Re:

There is a definate memory of mine where David Wilkerson once said in a sermon, that if you what to get to know the God of host then read the Old Testament. There I have found that men did mighty deeds because they served the true living God of might and power, and of their love and devotion to Him who says,
Isaiah 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
Isaiah 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
Isaiah 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
Also in the book of Deuteronomy and Jeremiah I have learned that God demanded that the peoples hearts be circumised, and to sin not.
In the book of 1 Samuel Saul was given "another heart" and thus prophesied.
In Psalms I learned His name is Yah
I have heard godly men say that no one can have a clear picture from the New Testament without reading and gaining knowledge of the Old Testament for it is "the foundation" one is Zac Poonen and others I can't recall right now.
I will now stop rambling on :-) as I am sure most do study the Old Testament, with the New Testament. I want to know Him too, there seems to be an ache to knowing Him

2005/12/15 20:58Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hi tacklebox...!

That is a wonderful thing to desire! In fact, it should be the desire of all lovers of Christ!

One of the passages that I can relate to the most in the Bible is Philippians chapters 2 and 3.

:-)

2005/12/16 0:07Profile
dohzman

lessons

I have grown to love the very heart of those who frequent these forums. Such a cry to know God who not only, laid down His very life of us, but still to this days ever lives to make intercession for us, such a God will not let that cry go unanswered!

I'm am reminded of the lessons of the farmer and all that he does to not only prepare for the plantings in his fields but also what he does to protect that which he has planted and cultivate it, and all that before he actually reaps the reward of his labors. What faith such an one as a farmer must have, he who sows in hope! To know God is to sow righteuosness and walk by faith knowing that in due season, the light of His face will shine upon you and make all things clear, but that usually only last for a short time and then its back to the fields again :-)

God Bless you as you strive to seek or beat a well worn path to the very heart of Jesus Christ. Blessing indeed!bro. daryl

2005/12/16 8:39Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re: lessons

Amen Brother Chris,

I'm praying for a deeper revelation of Jesus and that's my prayer for you as well. We can spend so much time getting to know about Him that we never actually get to know Him. That's the cry of my heart. "Hungry for More of Jesus" as Pastor Wilkerson proclaims in a book by the same title.

May we truly see Him.

2005/12/16 10:06Profile
tacklebox

Roanoke Rapids, NC

Re:

I think I need to have a Jacob experience -

Jacob:

***Separated himself from his family and livestock, and all other distractions. (Gen. 32:22-23)

***Wrestled with God through the night, and wouldn't let go until he received blessing, even after being crippled. (Gen. 32:24-26)

***Jacob was renamed. His very being was split in two. To the Hebrew, a name isn't just a title but an identity. He ceased to be a theif and became a prince. (Gen. 32:27-28)

***Jacob wasn't satisfied with a new name - he desired TO KNOW THE NAME (identity) OF GOD! It was only then that the blessing was received. (Gen. 32:29)

I don't want to be like Esau and seek blessing with tears but find no room for repentance. (see [url=http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/Hbr/Hbr012.html#16]Hebrews 12:16-17[/url] and [url=http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/Psa/Psa024.html#top]Psalm 24:3-5[/url])

I continue to search in anguish and wrestle...

I covet your prayers, and thank God for each of you.

2005/12/16 12:16Profile
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

Colossians 1:9-10 (NLT)
9 So we have continued praying for you ever since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you a complete understanding of what he wants to do in your lives, and we ask him to make you wise with spiritual wisdom. 10 Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and you will continually do good, kind things for others. All the while, you will learn to know God better and better.

2005/12/16 14:39Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy