SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : New Weekly Devotion Forum

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

New Weekly Devotion Forum

Greg has invited me to contribute to a Weekly Devotional thread and we have made a start. Devotional? Well, the Hebrew word to 'devote' originally meant to set something aside for God's special use, often by fire!

I agree strongly with William Booth's old hymn 'Send the Fire'. It has a line 'the fire will meet our every need'. I believe it!

This weekly column will come with my prayer that God will ignite it and its readers to become true channels of His purposes in our generation. Please come and visit and feel free to comment and challenge. Let's provoke each other to good works, will you join me?

The thread of my weekly comments will be Abraham, My Friend - The Making of a Praying Man. (Sisters should feel fully included! ;-) )

2003/11/28 13:58Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: New Weekly Devotion Forum

Quote:
This weekly column will come with my prayer that God will ignite it and its readers to become true channels of His purposes in our generation. Please come and visit and feel free to comment and challenge. Let's provoke each other to good works, will you join me?

I am personally looking forward to reading your devotionals brother, I believe also that God will use this to ignite a fire in peoples souls to serve the Master with passion and fervor.

I believe that many of the words that Ron Baily will be sharing are from above, because he will be sharing these things as he is revealed them from heaven.

Be much in prayer people, that God would speak to Ron and also speak to us! Lord we give this all to you, have your way in us.

[b]Colossians 3:2 (kjv)[/b] - Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Lord let our affections be on you, let us think of you always. When we read these devotionals let it be you that we think of Lord..

2003/11/28 23:34Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Abraham, My Friend_03

Abraham, My Friend_03 is now available for reading, reflection, reaction and response. :-P

enjoy

2003/12/11 11:24Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Abraham, My Friend_04

Abraham, My Friend_04 is now available for reading, reflection, reaction and response.

enjoy

2003/12/18 10:37Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Abraham, My Friend_05

Abraham, My Friend 05 is now available for reading, reflection, reaction and response.

enjoy

2003/12/31 18:54Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Abraham, My Friend 06 is now available for reading, reflection, reaction and response.

enjoy

2004/1/8 17:20Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I encourage everyone to follow along with Ron's devotionals. They come out weekly and will provide a very spirit-led provoking message for you to grow in Christ with. Feel free to ask Ron questions also about each message that is posted.

2004/1/15 6:55Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Abraham, My Friend_07

Abraham, My Friend 07 is now available for reading, reflection, reaction and response.

enjoy

2004/1/15 7:46Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Have you visited the Weekly Devotional yet?

I visit The Weekly Devotional fairly regularly as I am moderator of that particular forum. I noticed that the number of visits to earlier devotions does not change but that to the latest devotion does.

Now this implies that new members of the sermonindex family are not starting from the beginning of the series. Please do. To start at Abraham, My Fried 07 is like starting War and Peace from chapter 7. You will find references to all kinds of things whose significance you will miss if you didn't start at the beginning.

So the hyperlink, underlined above, will take you to the beginning of the forum. I recommend that you read each one separately, give yourself an opportunity to respond to God. These are not academic Bible studies but an endeavour to bring the word of God to where you are. Undigested truth makes Christians flabby and dulls their future responses.

The original 'devotional' can be identified by its banner heading, you may need to page up or down to find it.

OK, lecture over... enjoy. :-P

2004/1/16 23:34Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Abraham, My Friend 08 is now available for reading, reflection, reaction and response.

There is a reference to Noah and his covenant in this week's devotional. Greg has an audio file called Noah on this site, which will unpack some of the significance.

enjoy

2004/1/22 8:40Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy