SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Revival?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
JFEdgar

Wellington, Ohio

Re: Revival?

Quote:
Thank you for sharing these passionate words. I am definetly wanting to get a prayer movement and intiative mobilized. I am working on a new section on this website that people can signup to host prayer meetings all over america and the world. I am hoping to have a map on the site for people to signup. May hope is to have 100's and 1000's of prayer meetings started praying for specifically revival. Oh God send it.

Amen. Even if we all got together for a night or a week or whatever of prayer, fasting and preaching, that would not cut it. What we need is to be moved locally! We need to wake up the local churches and establish bright lights in every city, town and village. I do like this idea of brother Greg's. Let us also pray for the burden! I have tried to establish a daily prayer meeting in the past, and it soon became a religious thing. The burden was our own. When the burden of God comes upon us, we will be able to passionately cry to God for revival every day. Let us pray for His burden!

2006/1/29 1:23Profile
pottershands

North Carolina, USA

Amen! Jordanamos original post is so true and really needs to be read! It would be great if this would happen.

2006/2/2 0:54Profile
Josiah777

Sterling, VA

Quote:

jordanamo wrote:
I may be alone in this but I just can't find anywhere around me to find people to pray with! What a tragedy! Most Christians I have talked with don't see a need for revival. I don't understand it! Their all asleep though!

Jordanamo,

I am excited to hear your passion. There are people around you. Elijah thought it was so bad in Israel that he alone was the only burden prophet, but God still had 7,000 who haven't bowed their knee to Baal. So it is in our day. D. L. Moody was preaching a series of meetings in which there seemed to be no great revival going on, just a handful of folks. Someone commented to Moody about the smallness of the group, and his reply was to the effect, "You have to have a small fire to get a big one." That is so true.

A friend of mine and I camped for several days in the Smoky Mountains one year. It was cold and snowy and we city slickers tried to start a fire. So we got all the big frozen logs we could find and they wouldn't light up for anything. It was a cold night for us. Then we ran into some experienced campers who taught us that you must start a small fire with some dry sticks. Once the fire gets going, you can add bigger and bigger pieces of wood to get a large fire. So it is with revival. That's why it's so important to listen to 'experienced campers' who can show you how to light a fire. I would recommend listening to Bill McLeod's "The Canadian Revival (Video)". He offers the most practical advice about getting revival started in the local assembly that I've heard. And he is one that God has used mightily and when he shares it is really life! May God bless you in your endeavors to His name praised in all the earth.

"For from the rising of the sun, even to its going down, My name shall be great among the Gentiles; In every place incense shall be offered to My name, And a pure offering; For My name shall be great among the nations," Says the Lord of hosts" (Malachi 1:11).

2006/2/2 9:34Profile

Re:

That was interesting to hear in the Revival Hymn how that they were praying in the barn and a power was let loose in Barvas that shook the whole of Lewie! The power of God went from the barn into that dance and they left the dance as though fleeing from a plague.When you would ask them why they fled the dance and came to the church they could not tell you.All they knew was that they were hell deserving sinners and the only way that they might find help was at the church.

Never underestimate the power of prayer!

2006/2/2 9:49

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy