SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : God “sought for a man,” NOT TO PREACH,

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Christian

Washington DC

God “sought for a man,” NOT TO PREACH,

“But out of this measureless backsliding, God raised up a man—not a committee, not a sect, not an angel—but a MAN, and a man of like passions as we are! God “sought for a man,” NOT TO PREACH, but “to stand in the gap.” As Abraham, so now Elijah “stood before the Lord.” Therefore the blessed Holy Spirit could write the life of Elijah in tow words: “HE PRAYED.” No man can do more than that for God or for men. If the Church today had as many agonizes as she has advisers, we would have a revival in a year!” Leonard Ravenhill

2003/11/28 5:23Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re: God “sought for a man,” NOT TO PREACH,

You're really on to something dear brother. Hold on to it.
Clutch ;-)

2003/11/29 19:45Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
“HE PRAYED.”

We need people that just know God these days. God can gift people, but its something else when a man is in favour with God. When God can say for this man's sake I will not judge this city or will show favour to this church.

[b]Genesis 18:17 (niv)[/b] - Then the Lord said, "Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to?

What a wonderful place to be in where God shares his secrets and heart with you!

2003/11/30 18:34Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
We need people that just know God these days. God can gift people, but its something else when a man is in favour with God. When God can say for this man's sake I will not judge this city or will show favour to this church.

AMEN!
This needs to be copied to another post.....
And has... :-D

2003/11/30 19:28Profile
pastormick

brisbane Australia

Re:

Hi crsschk,
I agree with your observations we do need people that just (or simply) know God. However sometimes we can look at the mess the church is in and be separated from the answer. The answer is being intimate with our lover, but it must start with us or better still it must start with me. I think it was Billy Sunday who was once asked how can one start a revival to which he responded get some chalk and draw a circle on the floor. Now stand inside the circle and pray that God would give revival to all that is inside the circle.
The point is that it must start with us – “We need people that just know God” – true
But I need to just know God
Mick

2003/12/11 18:51Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy