SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Leonard Ravenhill Interview

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Christian

Washington DC

Leonard Ravenhill Interview

I have had the opertunity of listening to the “Leonard Ravenhill Interview “several times. This is an excellent message from Ravenhill that should be heard by every member in the Christian community. I the interview you will hear Ravenhill talk about things that are absolutely unheard of in today’s church. His explanation of the low spirituality in American churches today if very reviling. Ravenhill says the street meetings are gone, he preached in the streets for 50 years, we know nothing of this today. Ravenhill also said we don’t need the bible back in the schools but in the home, how man deacons have family worship, as soon as suppers over they turn on the TV until the children go to bed. What do you do with someone who says they want to be pure in heart, Jesus said go and sin no more. Our people need to be told what repentance is … they don’t know, they want to kneel down for five minutes and pass from death to life! It can’t happen. Ravenhill said We have turn the light out in the streets, in our Sunday night meetings, wendsday night. Ravenhill said we don’t know the word of God and we don’t know God?

That is what really needs to be asked today, do you really know God.

Note: This is not the long interview posted.

2003/11/26 7:57Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Leonard Ravenhill Interview

Quote:
I have had the opertunity of listening to the “Leonard Ravenhill Interview “several times.

This in my judgement is one of the most profitable audio segements you can watch on this entire website. I have watched it many times and have been extremely blessed by it. It was an interview of Leonard Ravenhill near the end of his life, when he was just counselling and praying with people in his study primarly.

You can listen and download the audio or video below:
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1701]Interview (audio version) 25.74 MB[/url]
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1702]Interview (video version) 83.32 MB[/url]

2003/11/26 18:38Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: easy believism

Quote:
What do you do with someone who says they want to be pure in heart, Jesus said go and sin no more. Our people need to be told what repentance is … they don’t know, they want to kneel down for five minutes and pass from death to life! It can’t happen.

I was reading your post again and this excerpt struck me. This is very tragic indeed, easy believism has pervaded the Evangelical church these days. Repentance and awakening of the soul can take days, weeks, even years. It's not mechancical but its an response of the living soul when diety draws near.

2003/11/27 11:32Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy