SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : from the Eastern Europe

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
vasilef

ROMANIA

from the Eastern Europe

Hello to all and may the Lord Jesus Christ bless you!
I'm Vasile Filip from Romania and it happened to find this site with great articles by great man of God.
I'm a beginner in the ways of the Lord but I pray I will know Christ more.

I would like to start reading the New Testament in English language. Please advice me... which version should I look for? I only have NIV which I could use but I would like to have the best translation. Please suggest me one. Thank you.

2005/12/8 1:50Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re: from the Eastern Europe

Blessings to you brother,

I'm a beginner as well in learning the ways of the Lord. Welcome to sermonindex.

I would suggest several different translations (ESV and NASB are too good ones and the KJV). I use many and there's some great resources available free at www.blueletterbible.org. I use them often and e-sword is another freebie.

I'm not as computer savvy as some and find reading on an extended basis on the computer to be difficult.

My understanding is that is there were tremendous floods in Romania back in July. Have things improved since then?

2005/12/8 5:51Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re: from the Eastern Europe

Welcome Vasile,

I'm a beginner as well and all of us are here to here to learn and unlearn, which I often find myself doing.

As far as English translations, I primarily use the NIV. It's a good starting point. Personally I like the ESV better and I use the Greek as well via a website called www.blueletterbible.org. It's a great site with lots of resources.

2005/12/8 5:55Profile
vasilef

ROMANIA

Re:

Thank you very much. I'll start looking for an ESV. What's the difference between ESV and ASV?
Yes, we had this summer the heaviest floods in Romania in the last 50 years or so...
Things improves slowly but there are still some people who live in tents, whose houses have been vanished by floods.

2005/12/8 6:23Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

I apologize about the duplicate postings. I got a very weird message and didn't think it took and it was a bit early for me. :)

As to the differences in all the translations, I'm definitely a lay person so I'll leave that to the experts. I read the Tyndale version of the New Testament and was amazed how much became the KJV. Since the topic has come up before, I would suggest doing a search. EDIT: Sorry was in a hurry.)

I'm so sorry to hear about the devastastion. There's a wonderful site that I frequent called www.handofhelp.com. Are you familiar with Dumitru Duduman? I have enjoyed both him and his grandson Michael Boldea Jr.

Blessings to you...

2005/12/8 8:41Profile
vasilef

ROMANIA

Re:

I'm not familiar with Dumitru Duduman... It's the first time I came across with their website.
As I've seen on their website, they live and work in other side of the country.

2005/12/9 1:54Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy