SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : god was never there

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
luckyd

tx

god was never there

so what do u tell someone who says that they dont believe in god because when they did he was never there and when they finally stoped believing in him they were able to fully concentrate on what they had to do to get out of thier horrible life and they were able to make it through thier horible life as a kid-teenager. then when they made it through they realised they did it all without god...so what do u tell them???

2005/12/7 0:55Profile

Re: god was never there

No matter what they do, God is always there.

I thought I made it through my life when I had it tough (suiscial...etc) but truly the Lord's hand was upon me to reach out to those in the same situation after i've been delievered.

I believe (I dont know if its biblical) that w/e you've gone thru, your called to that (problems with anger?, you minister to anger people ; AFTER you deliverance)

2005/12/7 1:37
saved_matt

Lancashire, England

Re:

I was witnessing to a guy on the street the other day he said that wen he was really down (eating thrown away food and everything) he prayed an asked the Lord to help him but nothing happened, so he pulled himself up on his own without God's help he said, I like you had no answer for him.

i relayed the conversation to my brother he asked me is the guy still in the same situation? i said no, he said well there you go God did help him out.

God isn't going to help us if we just do nothing about the situation we are in, we are still responsible. What I've found is when WE decide to do something about our situation God is there to help but until we decide to something God is under no obligation to us.

yesterdays Oswald Chambers MUFHH is good on this:

Quote:
December 6th

The bow in the cloud

I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between Me and the earth. Genesis 9:13.
It is the will of God that human beings should get into moral relationship with Him, and His covenants are for this purpose. ‘Why does not God save me?’ He has saved me, but I have not entered into relationship with Him. “Why does not God do this and that?’ He has done it, the point is—Will I step into covenant relationship? All the great blessings of God are finished and complete, but they are not mine until I enter into relationship with Him on the basis of His covenant.
Waiting for God is incarnate unbelief, it means that I have no faith in Him; I wait for Him to do something in me that I may trust in that. God will not do it, because that is not the basis of the God-and-man relationship. Man has to go out of himself in his covenant with God as God goes out of Himself in His covenant with man. It is a question of faith in God—the rarest thing; we have faith only in our feelings. I do not believe God unless He will give me something in my hand whereby I may know I have it, then I say—‘Now I believe.’ There is no faith there. “Look unto Me, and be ye saved.”
When I have really transacted business with God on His covenant and have let go entirely, there is no sense of merit, no human ingredient in it at all, but a complete overwhelming sense of being brought into union with God, and the whole thing is transfigured with peace and joy.

matt

2005/12/7 3:14Profile
HopeinChrist

Re:

Our human nature is opposed to pain and suffering but God never promised a life free from it. He tells us it will come to us, whether we are walking with him or not. The rain falls on the just and the unjust. Who can know the mind of God? His ways are not ours and his thoughts are not ours. I think for many of us, we would have never sought the Lord if trouble had not came our way.

I would tell your friend I doubt he pulled himself up without the Lord's help. The entire process could have been God's answer to his plea. It sounds as if he was expecting and immediate blessing and solution to fall out of the sky the minute he prayed. It seldom works that way.
Hope

2005/12/7 6:50Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

God is sovereign. He's not my servant.

I recall when my first wife was in a coma and I went out to smoke a cigarette and there were a group of people with renal disease and lupus smoking. All of them were near death and they asked me "If God really loves you will He let your wife die?"

Although I wasn't following Jesus at that time in my life, I couldn't get it out of my mind after her death.

I don't understand why she had to die at such a young age but I don't have to understand, I just have to trust Him.

2005/12/7 7:56Profile
dohzman

Re: god was never there

Read them that footprints in the sand story. Make them think.

2005/12/7 8:21Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy