SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Scripture for the "armchair Christian"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
groh_frog

Scripture for the "armchair Christian"

Another person recently said on SI that "while many are quoting John 3:16, the Lord has moved me to memorize Revelation 3:16."

I've got to say that recently, I've quoted Rev. 3:16 so many more times that I've quoted John 3:16 because today's church is becoming lukewarm in their faith. There are so many who are innoculated to a real relationship with the True God, because they've been spoon-fed a half-truth. So, I wanted to post some scripture verses that have been shown me to warn those lukewarm with.

If you have more scripture to add, please do so. More and more, it's the "christians" that need to be warned, who need their faith stirred.

Here's two that I've been drawn to lately:

Revelation 3:15-16, "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth."

Ezekiel 3:18-19, "When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Yet if you warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul."

Wakeup, armchair Christian!

Grace and Peace...

2005/12/6 1:26Profile

Re: Scripture for the "armchair Christian"

Quote:
but his blood will I require at thine hand

These verses were quoted in another thread this week. I'm concerned to know whether you really believe God will require the blood of those whom you do not warn 'at your hand'?

Where does the leading of the Holy Ghost come in this scenario?

2005/12/6 6:47
groh_frog

Re:

I think that this is a reference for those who have the knowledge of God, and yet do nothing with it. To those who claim salvation, but see no need to share it. When they allow a person to die in their sins without even a warning, I do believe that there will be a certain amount of accountability in that. "To whom much is given, much is expected." We have the knowledge of Christ, and with that comes the responsibility to, if nothing else, serve a warning to those who are perishing.

Grace and Peace...

2005/12/6 8:30Profile

Re: armchair Christians

Quote:
We have the knowledge of Christ, and with that comes the responsibility to, if nothing else, serve a warning to those who are perishing.

OK - you got me.... I needed to hear this. There is someone I've been allowing to slip out of my reach for far too long. Now, I'm beginning to feel guilty about it.... :-(

2005/12/7 14:53

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy