SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can anyone please help?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

This came to mind when I read this.

[b]Eph 4:11-14[/b]
[i](11) And truly He gave some to be apostles, and some to be prophets, and some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers,
(12) for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.
(13) And this until we all come into the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a full-grown man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;
(14) so that we no longer may be infants, tossed to and fro and carried about by every wind of doctrine, in the dishonesty of men, in cunning craftiness, to the wiles of deceit.[/i]

Perhaps you can use this scripture. :-)

2005/12/5 6:47Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Can anyone please help?

Patrick,

In answer to your question I would like to make a suggestion. I did not read all the posts here to see what they all said so please pardon me if what I will say has been suggested.

I suggest you take a Strong's Concordance - hope you hace access to one - and look up the references that appear after the word "prophet". Makes notes of what the Bible says they will do, how you can discern between a false one and a true one. Just remember human nature has not changed since the fall. And the Jehovah God is still the absolute God that he always was.

IMHO, if you do this you will have a sure foundation in helping you to discern in this issue.

Blessings to you,

ginnyrose

2005/12/5 10:57Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Thank you everyone! All of this information is very useful!

Any more info and prayers is welcome.

2005/12/5 16:07Profile
Melissa

Virginia

Re:

Ok, I'm editing this post because I think I was half asleep when I originally posted it and I'm not sure it was clear in relation to the original question. :-P

So, George Warnock has written a book called "Feed My Sheep" that really shows the heart of God regarding the role of the true shepherds of His flock.

To read this book or to view other books by Warnock go to: http://www.meatindueseason.org/warnock

2005/12/7 16:01Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy