SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Pleasing God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
crankbait68

Texas

Pleasing God

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Is it more important to please yourself or God?

James 2:14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?

James 2:18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

Do you live by faith or do you limit yourself to what you are capable of.

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

If you don’t put some action w/what you say you believe, then what you say is worthless.

1Corinthians 11:31-32 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.

Don’t judge yourself by your beliefs but by your actions.

Revelation 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent.

Mat 6:19-21 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Psalm 50:12 “If I were hungry, I would not tell you; For the world is Mine, and all its fullness.

When is the last time any of the things that you may have, were used to further the kingdom of God?

EXAMPLES: Vehicles, Home, PC, TV, Movies, Music, Games, Hunting or Fishing equipment.

Do the things you have get used more for pleasing yourself or God?

Luke 9:23-24 Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it.

Mark 10:17-22 Now as He was going out on the road, one came running, knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?” So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. 19 You know the
“Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery,’ ‘Do not murder,’ ‘Do not steal,’ ‘Do not bear false witness,’ ‘Do not defraud,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother.’”And he answered and said to Him, “Teacher, all these things I have kept from my youth.” Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me.” But he was sad at this word, and went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

Are you willing to deny yourself pleasure, entertainment, rest, and comfort in order to please your Abba Father?

Did the disciples go without? No. They were obedient and all their needs were met.

Isaiah 1:19 If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land;

Were they happy? Yes. Each of them lived a complete and fulfilled life.

2 Timothy 4:6-8 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Are you working on being completely and totally fulfilled in your life?

1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

What did the disciples use to win the lost? The pure and raw power of God.

Act 5:12-16 And through the hands of the apostles many signs and wonders were done among the people. And they were all with one accord in Solomon’s Porch. Yet none of the rest dared join them, but the people esteemed them highly. And believers were increasingly added to the Lord, multitudes of both men and women, so that they brought the sick out into the streets and laid them on beds and couches, that at least the shadow of Peter passing by might fall on some of them. Also a multitude gathered from the surrounding cities to Jerusalem, bringing sick people and those who were tormented by unclean spirits, and they were all healed.

When is the last time you had these signs and wonders following you?

1Pe 2:9-12 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy. Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul, having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Only those who overcome will not have their name blotted out of the book of life.

John 12:25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
Col 3:17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

2Ch 7:14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land

Rom 8:7-9 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Luke 12:5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!

Exo 32:33 And the LORD said to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against Me, I will blot him out of My book

Rev 3:5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Jesus, our Mesiah, died so you could have your name written in the Lambs book of life. Don’t choose not to be an overcomer by living against his fathers instructions.

Revelation 14:7 saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.”

2005/12/4 7:03Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy