SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Does anyone know the history?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Jhn 15:25 But [this cometh to pass], that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

Christ was crucified because of the Law. The Law is death because sin abounds. When are we going to see it Christ in us that is the only one who can keep the Law? The Father justifies us by the Christ that is in us, He does not look to the Law concerning the birthed children of God.

This is what Paul speaks about the Law. Acts 23:3-5 Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law? And they that stood by said, Revilest thou God's high priest? Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.

This is the High Priest Paul is speaking to, just like Jesus when He said, "their father was the devil." They lived with the Law all their lives and only made the Law a death sentence to themselves.

This is what the Law does to us if it is not kept by the Christ that is in us. Any time we try to keep the Law on our own to please God, it kills us and we are in separation from God, which is sin. Paul speaks very clear on this subject: Romans 7:8-11 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. Are we not dead to sin?

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

We cannot depend on the Law, be it Sabbath or any other Law other than the Law of Christ. Not the laws that keep people from Hell, which they cannot keep, But Christ Himself in us the Hope of Glory, Who is perfect in all aspects of the Law. The Father see's Christ in us and the commandment of the Law is dead to us because Christ Himself has become the perfect law keeper. Recon yourselves dead to sin.

We know how exceedingly sinful sin is because we have the Spirit of Christ ruling in our hearts. God cannot write his law in a sinful heart of stone, it must be exchanged for a heart of flesh and the heart of the flesh we now live in is the Heart of Christ. Christ was not made death unto me, even though I was crucified, I was also resurrected with Him and made alive to God in Christ Jesus. Sin was crucified on the Cross for Christ took upon Himself all the sin of the world.
Romans 7:13-14 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Then the biggy, even though he had kept the commandments the rich young ruler was told by Jesus, there is only one way to be perfect and that was to follow. So even keeping the Law perfect does not make us perfect there is only one that makes us perfect and that is Jesus Christ the Son of God birthed in the believer.

Romans 7:24-25 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Even the Law could not make us son's and that is what the Father wanted in His house. Romans 8:15-17 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

"With the Mind," and who's mind is this speaking of, ours, not hardly, but the Mind of Christ. 1Cr 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ, that the Holy Spirit may instruct us on how to overcome this flesh and the law of sin. And who is myself? Galatians 2:19-21 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

This is our life because we believed and we must keep self out or we become entangled again in the bondage of sin. Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Colossians 1:26-29 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Our Sabbath is Christ.

In Christ my Sabbath: Phillip

2005/12/5 16:34Profile
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
We choose not to honor the Sabbath, and cite some pretty convincing reasons. Yet Christ himself said that "not one jot or tittle will be removed from the Law."

The Old covenent was in Law, the New Covenant is in Faith in Christ by the Spirit.

Christ is the end of the Law for rightousness to everyone who beieves.

The early believers in the beginning did continue on in their Jewish traditions. But as things became clearer, and the Gentiles were brought in the revealtion of the New Testament displaced the old. (by the New Testament I mean following the Lord's crucifixion and resurrection. The Gospels have many references to the sabbath.)

The Reason given in Ephesians is that Christ on the cross abolished in His flesh the ordinances which separated the Jews from the Gentiles and in Himself brought into being the One New Man.

In Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile, Sythian, slave or free man, But One New Man in resurrection.

Eventually the Temple was destroyed, and Jeruselem was destroyed by Titus. God allowed this to happen because the Old Covenent in Law was over.

In any epistle to any church in the New Testament, there is no mention of the Sabbath. None except Pauls reference in Colossians to those who respect days and weeks and Sabboaths, etc. And the cited reference in Hebrews.

In The Epistles to the 7 Churches in Revelation in AD 90, Did Christ ever rebuke or address the "lack of Sabbath keeping? No.

In the first "Church Council" in Acts when addressing the requirements of the Gentiles. Was "observing the Sabbath" mentioned?

Is there one command in the New Testament concerning observing the Sabbath? One? One admonition, one concern expressed? One point made? One pressing of this upon any of the believers?

Hebrews speaks of "not forsaking the assembling of ourseleves together... but his reason given is not, "The Law says observe the Sabboth, But rather that they need the encouragement of the saints in the gathering of the saints. And the Sabbath is not mentioned.

It is not a matter of "excuses" but rather a matter of understanding the revelation of the New Testament and living in the Reality of it.

Graftedbranch

2005/12/5 23:24Profile
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Re:

Dear Clownstruth,

Mat 12:1 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were hungry, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat.

Mat 12:2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.

Mat 12:3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was hungry, and they that were with him;

Mat 12:4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests

Mat 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless

Mat 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

Mat 12:7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

Mat 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

……………………………………….

You may feel good about yourself and have a job that allows you to take Sundays or Saturdays off, but many people are like the disciples picking grain on the Sabbath. I fell into this trap for short while years ago. Previous to this happening, I had been warned to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees.

In Christ,
GaryE

2005/12/6 0:26Profile
macbug

So Cali-

I'm new and miss posted

You are absolutely right, I had multiple screens opened and miss posted this as a new thread. It was a response to the debate about why the early Christians worshiped on Sunday. Saturday will always be the Lord's day because the Lord declared it before the Law in the garden of Eden.

2005/12/6 11:21Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: I'm new and miss posted

Romans 10:4 "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth."

Col 2:16 "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days"

2005/12/6 12:07Profile
dohzman

Re:

Good word :-) :-) :-)

2005/12/6 12:19Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Yet Christ himself said that "not one jot or tittle will be removed from the Law."

No, He didn't. What he said was... Matt. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, [u]till all be fulfilled[/u]. ... which may mean something quite different. ;-)

2005/12/6 18:53Profile

Re:

Jesus came to fulfill the law. How did He fulfill it, He did it by obeying it to the uttermost jot and tittle. He came in the likeness of sinful flesh, yet without sin. The law could not touch him, yet when He became sin [He who knew no sin] the law slew Him and He was condemned in our stead.

You see when Jesus came into the world, He was a new law that entered into the equation for the world in which the world has never known, Grace and Truth!

Pilate asked Him, "What is Truth?"

The law of the Spirit of life that is in Christ Jesus, this new law which supercedes the law of sin and death is Grace and Truth.

There was a missing element to that old law, which Paul calls holy and Spiritual, and it is, but you and I can't live by it. Because for what the law could not do because it was weak thru the flesh. God sending His own son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin condemned sin in the flesh.

Because Christ is the only one who was able to fulfill the law that is to keep it, He became the faithful one, and we thru Him live under a new covenant, that is under His blood. We become accepted in the beloved because of what He did.

There is much more to share here, there are more truths to reveal and it stems back to the garden of Eden. But I'll let some else take the floor.

Warmly
Karl

2005/12/7 0:16
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Matthew 5:18-20 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Was the Law fulfilled? Who fulfilled it. Who is now born again in us? So even to the point that heaven and earth pass away Jesus Christ Himself would be the One to do the fulfilling, until all the Law be fulfilled, and He did. That is why those that are in Christ Jesus are no longer under the Law or even the condemnation of sin and death but the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus. Amen

In Christ: Phillip

2005/12/7 1:51Profile
groh_frog

Re:

I had been asking about this earlier, but I'm trying to dig deeper into the scripture of this. How, like clownstruth said, do we teach that we still need to try to follow some commands, and yet not others? Paul said that if one man regards one day as more holy than another, or another considers all days alike, fine, as long as each is convicted in his heart. It is important to go back to what clownstruth was saying, though. If the Law is fulfilled so that we don't live by it, why do we study it?

Now, I'm not trying to pose the question as outright as it might sound- as if there's no benefit to the OT. But how do you classify some Law into a "revised" category, and some is still in a "steadfast" category, so to speak? I'm not a very articulate writer, but I think you'll get the drift.

Grace and Peace...

2005/12/7 2:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy