SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Revival Forum 89! Leonard Ravenhill added

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Revival Forum 89! Leonard Ravenhill added

I got these 2 powerful teaching question and answer sessions from an revival conference called "revival forum 89".

(Revival Forum 89) Leonard Ravenhill
*I was really blessed by this recording of Ravenhill, he is amongst friends who are anxious to see an geniune biblical revival and he is very frank with them at points. very helpful!

(Revival Forum 89) Lou Sutera / Bill Mcleod

2005/12/1 22:48Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re: Revival Forum 89! Leonard Ravenhill added

anyone have a chance to listen to either of these messages? For more on the revival in canada see this thread:

[b]Revival in Saskatoon, Canada 1971[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=8257&forum=40&3

2005/12/2 10:11Profile
roadsign

Re: Ravenhill

Ravenhill, as always had some stirring lines. For example:

It’s not a case of getting the Bible back in your schools. It’s getting your Bible back in the home.
Missing in the pulpit is: Immensity, intensity, and eternity.
Missing in the pew is: immensity and integrity. (I may have that wrong)

The last words of Jesus were not, “Go ye….” They were: Repent, repent, repent (Rev)
The greatest revival is among the Muslims because they are prepared to die.

The one statement that shocked me most was his response to the question, “What do you think is the greatest hindrance to revival?

Sorry, I don’t want to tell you what he said. You should hear it directly from him.

Anyone care to guess what he might have said?

Diane

2005/12/2 20:26Profile
roadsign

Sutera/McLeod interview

The message (and link to the thread) about the Canadian Revival is of special interest to me.
In 1971, revival was going on at Bible College in Toronto while my (now) husband was attending. However, he merely observed from “a distance”, and did not submit to the Spirit’s work. So his report to me was interesting, but not very exciting. (Or perhaps I might have gone to see)

But, God did not leave me out entirely. I believe that I am a late bi-product of that work.
A few years ago a pastor came to our church who had a loose connection with the Canadian Revival Fellowship, and so introduced me to the organation. I became very interested in revival as a result of a divine stirring, and subsequently ordered many tapes of the revival sermons and books (that was in the mid nineties) Lou Sutera’s message “Revival is God’s finger pointing at you” was especially stirring. I heard a lot of Bill McLeod’s sermons. It was good to hear him again in this download.

God used all that revival material to touch me deeply. I notice that some of it still can be purchased on the CRF Website, though the organization seems to have undergone changes, and only some of that material is still available.
I sense a need for renewed revival. I guess we can’t rely on past blessings forever.

Diane

2005/12/2 20:50Profile

i'm listening to the first one.

'if healing has ceased, then PRAYER has ceased,'

'don't tell me that a pastor can be in adultry and continue as pastor but you get kicked out for being filled of the Spirit and speaking in tounges'

Ravinhill.

2005/12/3 19:17

" there is nothing on God's earth secondary to preaching. The job in the white house is 'peanuts' compared to being a Man of God in God's house. God's house is going to change america not the white house." Ravinhill

2005/12/3 19:29
roadsign

Re: More sermons by McLeoed and Sutera

I see that SI doesn't have very many sermons by McLeod and the Sutera twins. I suspect that there are many recordings stored away somewhere at the office of the: [url=http://www.revivalfellowship.com/whois.html]Canadian Revival Fellowship[/url]

I think it would be nice to have them available here.

Diane

2005/12/3 19:54Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Thanks for the link Diane, and some great quotes there from the sermon brother. I hope many more can take a listen and be blessed.

2005/12/7 10:30Profile
fraish

Madison, Wisconsin

Re: Sutera/McLeod interview

Hi Diane, you're probably familiar with Keith Daniel from this website. He has talked about Will MacFarlane at times who I believe preached in Canada for a while. That he was the holiest man of God that he ever knew. I'm not sure if he was connected to the revival fellowship at all years ago or just a Faith mission there. Just wondering if you knew anything more about him. Thanks for reading. -Tom

2018/3/3 16:52Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy