SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sermons for sale?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I have often wished our pastor would sometimes just read out loud a book of the bible instead of preaching. What would be wrong with that? (I have told him so but for some reason they do not like the idea. Wish I knew why...)It is well known there are preachers who read their sermons. Why not read from the original instead of serving up leftovers to the people....

Have you ever noticed how wonderful the reading out loud of scripture is? A hush will fall on the group...there seems to be something really sacred when it being read reverently.

ginnyrose

2005/12/2 9:10Profile

Re: Sermons for sale?

MC -

Quote:
those evangelical pastors who think they can perform [b]dynamic sermon recitals[/b] on Sunday, [b]saving their strength for other entrepreneurial pursuits throughout the week[/b].

I try not to be a negative or critical voice towards pastors…but this is begging the issue. With all of these “aids and resources” [b]it’s getting so that one doesn’t even have to be born again to preach in our churches… Think about that for a second[/b].

....Ouch!....... I'm thinking.... you [i]are brave[/i] for saying all this.....

Quote:
Why not read from the original instead of serving up leftovers to the people....

Have you ever noticed how wonderful the reading out loud of scripture is? A hush will fall on the group...there seems to be something really sacred when it being read reverently.

I agree, there should be much [i]more[/i] reading of the written word, and simple exposition of it.

2005/12/2 10:19
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi ginnyrose...!

Quote:
I have often wished our pastor would sometimes just read out loud a book of the bible instead of preaching. What would be wrong with that? (I have told him so but for some reason they do not like the idea. Wish I knew why...)It is well known there are preachers who read their sermons. Why not read from the original instead of serving up leftovers to the people....

Well said! The lack of knowledge concerning the Word of God in the modern Church is truly disheartening. I know some believers that have been serving God for over ten years -- yet they still have not read the Bible all the way through! And I know some people that have been raised in Church during their entire lives, yet they are novices when it comes to understanding Scripture.

Perhaps if more pastors took the time to simply [u]read[/u] the Word of God during meetings, then there would be a greater understanding of what God is truly trying to say. Hopefully, such public reading of Scripture would be contageous -- and create a holy hunger in the hearts of such believers!

:-)

2005/12/3 19:36Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy