Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Lordship v Saviorship Salvation

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
I know you can't... can't what? Can't repent and live a holy life? I know that you cannot be any holier than the blood, but you have to take up your cross. That is a voluntary action. You take it... We have volition. We have a choice whether to sin or not to sin.

Brother, I think here our difference is you see Christ as Lord "over" our life. Which in my mind is a sort of Picture of Christ in the heavens ruling with a rod of iron and demanding we act and behave in a certian way.

Rather what I see in scripture and my own experience of Christ is that He reigns in us as Life. That is He is within us. He transforms us from within as we love Him, grow in Him, and "grow up in all things into Christ who is the Head out from whom the whole body grows with the growth of God...".

Christ is Lord and he comes into us as Lord. But the key here is 'comes into us". He comes in to reign from within us. He sanctifies us by the Spirit thrugh the Word and He grows in us and gains more and more Ground in us. This is the reality of the Kingdom of God today. it's manifestation will be in the comming age when Christ will indeed rule the nations with a rod of Iron. But today He reigns from withus as the Life Giving Spirit.

Can we repent and live a Holy life? Is that the call of the Gospel? Or is it, "repent and believe into the Lord Jesus Christ?

To repent toward God is to repent of an independant Life from God. It is to repent of a life centered in Self and our own rightousness and our oun way to embracing Christ as our indwelling Life and turning to a dependant Life.

Can we live a Holy Life? Only by the Indwelling Holy One who imparts His life into us and form's Christ in us and conforms us to His image.

"We all with open face, beholding and reflecting like a mirror the Glory of the Lord and being transformed into the same Imange from glory to glory, even as from the Lord Spirit

"Now the Lord is the Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom." (2 cor 3)

It is the Spirit whithin us who transforms us into the same image as we behold the Lord with an unveiled face.

We can choose not the drink, smoke or chew or run around with girls who do... But this does not make us holy. We can meet with the church, go to hear sermons, and do all the right things in an outward way but this does not make us holy. We cannot of ourselves produce holiness. Only God is holy and only by our living by Christ who lives within us is God's holiness worked into our being and we express God as the Holy One.

Graftedbranch

2005/12/1 18:39Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
Brother, I think here our difference is you see Christ as Lord "over" our life. Which in my mind is a sort of Picture of Christ in the heavens ruling with a rod of iron and demanding we act and behave in a certian way.

Jesus is Lord over my life. Jesus is Lord in my life. Jesus is Lord through my life. Jesus is my Savior. Jesus is my King.

I don't see him lop-sided as just over me. He is in me too. I honestly don't see him as a hard taskmaster at all. All I'm saying is that if you love him you will keep his commandments. If you don't love him you will not.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge, but of course we can't forgot that charity if the end of the commandment. We need a balance. He is the lover of your soul, but don't forget he is also the judge of your soul.

2005/12/1 20:07Profile
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
Jesus is Lord over my life. Jesus is Lord in my life. Jesus is Lord through my life. Jesus is my Savior. Jesus is my King.

Amen brother

Graftedbranch

2005/12/1 21:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy