SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Under judgement/persecution

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Under judgement/persecution

I have a question, maybe someone could help me.

What did the past men/women of God do when someone called them a lyer or heritic or just casted down judgement upon them?

What did these men/women of God do in a situation like this, this includes biblical characters?

2005/11/28 9:19
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re: Under judgement/persecution

Joshua,

You can see a pattern if you read through the major and minor prophets' books in the Old Testament.

Personally, I gravitate to Jeremiah for a number of reasons that I won't go into.

Here's verses 17-19 in Chapter 1: "Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them whatever I command you. Do not be terrified by them, or I will terrify you before them. Today I have made you a fortified city, an iron pillar and a bronze wall to stand against the whole land—against the kings of Judah, its officials, its priests and the people of the land. They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD."

Jeremiah faced an incredible amount of persecution and at times complained to God about it. It's an incredible book.

Jeremiah didn't attempt to prove that He was right and they were wrong. He simply said what He was told to say and left it at that. That my friend is sometimes easier said than done!

2005/11/28 10:03Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!

"And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles. and [u]beaten them[/u], they caommanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. And they departed from the presence of the council, [b]rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name[/b]." (Acts 5:40-41).

"Choosing rather to [u]suffer affliction[/u] with the people of God, then to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season: Esteeming the [b]reproach of Christ[/b] greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward." (Hebrews 11:25-26).

2005/11/28 10:06Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I also recommend if you haven't read it to read "Fox's Book of Maryrs"!!

2005/11/28 10:07Profile

Re:

I know people Die for The Cause Greg, and the persucted church has blessed me alot.

But more of what Ed said was what I was looking for.

I have a brother in the Lord right now, who is my 'right hand man' and is acusing me of some pretty crazy things. "False Prophet, Looney" etc..

I'm not trying to tickle my ears here, but and looking for the Truth (as always, in every situation).

Greg, thanks for your effort, but it is more along the lines of Ed's answer.

I'm just gonna read thru Jermiah, and hopefully more things become illuminated in my reading.

2005/11/28 11:19

Re:

Hi Yeshua,

Leadership is a lonely place. But, you need to follow the voice of the Shepherd, and cling to God for His timing in everything.

Sometimes a 'right hand man' forgets his role is not quite equal with yours, but you still need to listen to him and pray about what he says to you, I believe..... He also has a responsibility to contribute only what God gives him... I'm sure it's very tough not to have an 'opinion'.

Is there someone over you within the organisation, to whom you have to answer for your plans and expenditure? Might that be one to whom you could prayerfully air some of this?

2005/11/28 11:42

Re:

Quote:

dorcas wrote:
Is there someone over you within the organisation, to whom you have to answer for your plans and expenditure? Might that be one to whom you could prayerfully air some of this?

Yup, and I have my own personal mentor. I just resently spoke with the Founder of the Organization, its been 4 months in the makes to actually speak with him. Praise God.

2005/11/30 9:54
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:
What did the past men/women of God do when someone called them a lyer or heritic or just casted down judgement upon them?

Here's what Jesus did...

And when he was accused of the chief priests and elders, he answered nothing. Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee? And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly.
(Mat 27:12-14)

and then...

...they crucified him...
(Mat 27:35)

Here's what Moses did...

And the people chode with Moses, and spake, saying, Would God that we had died when our brethren died before the LORD! And why have ye brought up the congregation of the LORD into this wilderness, that we and our cattle should die there? And wherefore have ye made us to come up out of Egypt, to bring us in unto this evil place? it is no place of seed, or of figs, or of vines, or of pomegranates; neither is there any water to drink. And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, [b]and they fell upon their faces[/b]: and the glory of the LORD appeared unto them.
(Num 20:3-6)

In meekness they yielded to God as their defender, making no charge back against those who brought charges against them. Pray for those who accuse you, love them, even unto death, and you will prove yourself to be like your Lord.

In Christ,

Ron

2005/11/30 11:38Profile

Re:

Yea.

God has answered my prayer according to His Truth. Personally.

Thanks though folks.

2005/11/30 11:50

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy