SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Just curious???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
lamuskrat

Gonzales, La

Re:

Quote:
I am so glad that the Lord uses flawed human beings. In fact, it seems that the people that God seemed to use the most in the Word were also the ones who had the most flaws. I am glad that such stories were included in the Word. It gives us all hope.

Amen. There goes I but for the grace of God.

2005/12/3 11:33Profile
doxa

Re: Jimmy Swaggart

Sir:

I appreciate your kind words concerning my good friend and former boss, Jimmy Swaggart. I have just one comment however. By your words concerning Jimmy Swaggart, it is obvious you do not really know or understand him or his foundation nor the entirety of the situation, history of him, etc. I do. I was very close to him for over ten years, through it all. Jimmy never, in any way, ascribed to what you classify as "corporation church growth."

Doxa

2006/1/23 18:01Profile
paula4jc

Re:

I believe those who fall from grace under the new covenant shall suffer very severe consequences. Because you have …

1. God living in you.
2. The scripture as an example.
3. Christ as your teacher.

Abraham, Jacob, Isaac, Moses and David had nothing other than the Holy Spirit on them. I think you’re all looking for an excuse to cover up your wickedness by referring to these men failure.
Jesus is LOVE. Do you really "Love" Jesus?

[url=www.paula4jc.com]Love[/url]

2006/1/23 19:52Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello doxa...

Thank you for your reply. It is very interesting that you worked with Brother Swaggart. There is a wonderful professor at the University that I attend who actually worked with him in some capacity as well. Even though he admits that the ordeal was quite troublesome to many at the time, he still holds Brother Swaggart with a great deal of sympathy.

Quote:
Jimmy never, in any way, ascribed to what you classify as "corporation church growth."

I suppose that I should have been a little more precise in what I meant by "corporation church growth." You're right. Those words do not seem to specifically apply to his ministry (at least to my knowledge). However, I have watched or listened to many messages of Brother Swaggart, and his messages often seem like a pentecostal version of Billy Graham -- often asking for "instant decisions" about surrendering to Christ.

I have always had doubts about the true results of such "altar calls." However, I do know some individuals that have come to the Lord at Church meetings where believers were asked to make an immediate public decision. Unfortunately, it seems that many of these "decisions for Christ" come as a result of individuals being "talked into" coming to Christ.

It is my own personal observation (at the Assembly of God church that I attended) that many of those immediate decisions are reneged or even made in haste. Various evangelistic campaigns were held by well-known ministers or ministry teams (like the [i]Power Team[/i]) where literally thousands of individuals "went forward" to "accept Christ." Yet after months (and even [u]years[/u]) of "follow up," few (if any) began or continued to seek God. Ray Comfort's message, [i]Hell's Best Kept Secret[/i], captures this concept brilliantly.

On a side note, I still remember Brother Swaggart in my prayers from time to time. His public ordeals over the years happened B.C. (before I knew the Lord). However, I have read several books, journal articles, and heard the opinions of many older believers on the matter. While Jimmy Swaggart is still mocked and belittled by people around the world -- it is not outside of the Lord's power to use him. After all, the last chapter of his life is yet to be written. And there are a few "failures" in the Bible whose lives ended with great and wonderful ending chapters!

:-)

2006/1/24 0:06Profile
lamuskrat

Gonzales, La

Re:

It's not about the messenger, it's about the message...Christ and Him crucified.

As an x JSBC and FWC member and student, I guess you can say I know about this ministry somewhat, but my eyes and ears were on the Gospel and not certain people. I did not leave because of any of the Sin that was exposed, I left because of Sin in my own life. We men put our pants on the same way, and their isn't a man here on this forum that hasn't lusted or desired a woman. So why expect a man of the gospel to be any different.

2006/1/24 19:50Profile
logan_trky

Re:

I believe Swaggart's message is the best ever. It's simple: The Cross. i have never lived a victorious life until I had listened and apply this message. Its so simple....Just keep the Cross as the Object of your faith, realizing Christ is the Source, and the Cross is the means.

2008/7/28 21:06Profile
HowlinMad

Re:

The cross is a pagan symbol. It represnts the Zodiac. Constantine is a fraud, and his mother Helena A butcherer of Jews!

I have heard another say that Taw said: "O Lord of the world! May it be Thy will to create Thy world through me, seeing that it is through me that Thou wilt give the Torah to Israel by the hand of Moses, as it is written, 'Moses commanded us the Torah.' " The Holy One, blessed be He, made reply, and said, "No!" Taw asked, "Why not?" and God answered: "Because in days to come I shall place thee as a sign of death upon the foreheads of men Taw is a "t."

Mabe its just me, those crosses look a lot like t's

2008/7/28 21:24Profile
logan_trky

Re:

I'd watch what I said, friend. It's not about the "wooden beam". It is about what Christ there accomplished. I don't really understand what you are trying to say concerning the Cross though. We shouldn't worship the beam, but the man who paid for our sins on the beam.

2008/7/28 22:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy