SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : New Member Introduction

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

New Member Introduction

Thank you for hosting an excellent site.My friend Brad Allen recently wrote a book "Catch the Wind", that explored the Hebrides Revival, 1946-53, and Duncan Campbell's life.I'm looking forward to hearing ALL the Duncan Campbell, and the many others, Vance Havener, etc. that you have made available. I'm 55yrs old, retired USAF Msgt.;currently a Police Officer in Columbus Ga.I coordinate an evangelistic outreach ministry, "Mercy Streams Ministries" through the Columbus Dream Center, and am associted with, and a member of Bethany Worship Center, both of Columbus Ga..I'm also a member of the "Project 7000" of Pleasant Valley Church, Thomaston Ga.; which is a transdenominational church Pastored by Henry Wright.Pleasant Valley will be featured on TBN Nov. 30 in a special program entitled" A Night of Miracles"( or something like that).The 7000 is a reference to the 7000 in I Kings 19:18 who had not bowed their knees to Baal.I jokingly tell Phillip Fields who leads the project, that I'm one of the 7000 Henry Wright associates that haven't posted BAIL! Anyway, thanks again Greg, my spirit bears witness with you and what you're doing.
Clutch

2003/11/22 18:32Profile
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

Re: New Member Introduction

Hey Howard!
Hope God really uses this site to teach and edify you. :) I'm involved at an outreach ministry in my church for college kids. (College town...) Seems like you're a busy guy -- hope you'll have time to really enjoy the sermons and post some of your thoughts in the forums. :)

2003/11/22 19:06Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!

Quote:
My friend Brad Allen recently wrote a book "Catch the Wind", that explored the Hebrides Revival, 1946-53, and Duncan Campbell's life

Wow! thats awesome brother. Is it available online in stores? I would be intrested in getting copy. I know there is a young brother that is registered on this site that lives on the Hebrides Islands! I spoke to him a few times, I will try and find the email and post a few parts.. It's amazing how much that revival effected those Islands. Lord do it again here!

Quote:
I coordinate an evangelistic outreach ministry, "Mercy Streams Ministries" through the Columbus Dream Center, and am associted with, and a member of Bethany Worship Center, both of Columbus Ga..I'm also a member of the "Project 7000" of Pleasant Valley Church, Thomaston Ga.; which is a transdenominational church Pastored by Henry Wright.

Would love to hear more of what you are up to and too hear some stories about your ministry involvement!

Quote:
thanks again Greg, my spirit bears witness with you and what you're doing.

Clutch its great to met you. I am glad the Lord led you to this site, feel free to fellowship on the message boards and benefit from the audio sermons of these men of God.

2003/11/22 19:07Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Welcome!
I really would prefer to address you as Sir.
Started to type 'Clutch'...might take some getting use to :-)

Thanks for sharing your background in your introduction. It's great to hear where people are coming from and what they are doing. Hope you find yourself right at home here, there are a lot of great hearts in this forum.

Mike

2003/11/22 19:13Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

Mike,
Thanks for the warm welcome, and I appreciated your thoughtful comments in another forum. I've lived in Calif. a couple of times in my checkered past. I was in Marysville,Ca. 1972-74 ( Military and Civilian), and San Bernadino,Ca. 1976-77,(Norton AFB, Combat Control Team). I got BORNED AGAIN! in Oct. 1978 while stationed at Ft. Bragg, N.C..One thing I've discovered is that length of service doesn't count much of the time in that respect. What I mean by that is: I've discovered that, the depth of spirituality someone has, does not necessarily relate to the length of time that person has been a Christian.
I've enjoyed fellowshipping with you and the others that welcomed me, across the Information Super highway. And I look forward to getting to know Ya'll better.
Whatever you're comfortable with on the handle end is fine.
Clutch

2003/11/25 18:41Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
One thing I've discovered is that length of service doesn't count much of the time in that respect. What I mean by that is: I've discovered that, the depth of spirituality someone has, does not necessarily relate to the length of time that person has been a Christian.

AMEN!!! ;-)

2003/11/25 19:09Profile
Trish

Virginia

Dear Clutch:

So nice to meet you. Would love to hear more about your ministry. I look forward to reading your posts.

God bless.
Trish

2003/11/25 23:05Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hi err..Clutch :-)

Just wanted to give due respect for a serviceman, truly all who have or now are serving are deserving of our appreciation and our prayers. And that goes for our policeman and women as well.
God bless you.

Marysville!, my in-laws live up in Nevada City near Grass Valley, Ca, beautiful and [i]quiet[/i]!
Did some work on their house (I am a General Contractor) I love it up there. For everybody else it's what they call "The Gold Country".

Quote:
I've discovered that, the depth of spirituality someone has, does not necessarily relate to the length of time that person has been a Christian.

Amen to that! Have seen that here, C7S comes to mind :-) Thanks ah...how about this, Sir Howard Clutch?! Kind of has a nice ring to it.

Thanks Howard, so glad you are here amongst us, I too look forward to getting to know you better. Read your profile, would love to hear more about the ministry's you are involved with, in fact, here is a link that might be of interest to you
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=606&forum=40#3213]Intercessors Network[/url]

Mike

2003/11/26 0:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy