SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : THE CONCENTRATION OF SPIRITUAL ENERGY -chambers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 THE CONCENTRATION OF SPIRITUAL ENERGY -chambers

[b]THE CONCENTRATION OF SPIRITUAL ENERGY[/b]

". . . save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ." Galatians 6:14

If you want to know the energy of God (i.e., the resurrection life of Jesus) in your mortal flesh, you must brood on the tragedy of God. Cut yourself off from prying personal interest in your own spiritual symptoms and consider bare-spirited the tragedy of God, and instantly the energy of God will be in you. "Look unto Me," pay attention to the objective Source and the subjective energy will be there. We lose power if we do not concentrate on the right thing. The effect of the Cross is salvation, sanctification, healing, etc., but we are not to preach any of these, we are to preach Jesus Christ and Him crucified. The proclaiming of Jesus will do its own work. Concentrate on God's centre in your preaching, and though your crowd may apparently pay no attention, they can never be the same again. If I talk my own talk, it is of no more importance to you than your talk is to me; but if I talk the truth of God, you will meet it again and so will I. We have to concentrate on the great point of spiritual energy - the Cross, to keep in contact with that centre where all the power lies, and the energy will be let loose. In holiness movements and spiritual experience meetings the concentration is apt to be put not on the Cross of Christ, but on the effects of the Cross.

The feebleness of the churches is being criticized to-day, and the criticism is justified. One reason for the feebleness is that there has not been this concentration of spiritual energy; we have not brooded enough on the tragedy of Calvary or on the meaning of Redemption.

2005/11/26 14:37Profile
saved_matt

Lancashire, England

Re: THE CONCENTRATION OF SPIRITUAL ENERGY -chambers

Quote:
we are to preach Jesus Christ and Him crucified. The proclaiming of Jesus will do its own work. Concentrate on God's centre in your preaching, and [b]though your crowd may apparently pay no attention, they can never be the same again.[/b]

i read this this morning before going out to do some open air and Praise God i felt a fire in my bones as i preached to a street full of people facing the other way!

matt

2005/11/26 17:23Profile
Graftedbranc

Re: THE CONCENTRATION OF SPIRITUAL ENERGY -chambers

Quote:
we have not brooded enough on the tragedy of Calvary or on the meaning of Redemption.

I am not sure what the "tragedy of Calvary" is. The scriptures present the Cross as Christ's Victory over all His enemies and the fullfilment of God's Purpose in sending Him to be a "propitiation for our sins."

On the Cross the Lord stripped off from Himself the principalities and powers, He atoned for sin, He terminated the Old creation and His saving LIfe was released to be imparted into us in resurrection.

I can't consider Calvary as a tragedy but the great Victory, As Christ said, "for this cause I came into the world, what shall I say, Father, spare Me from this hour?".

The preaching of the Cross is to those who perish foolishness, but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God.

I suppose the tragedy of the Cross is it's necessity, not it's actuality. The tragedy is the fall, the Victory is the Cross.

Praise Him, Praise Him! Christ is Victor
He has won the Victory!
Sin is judged, old Adam finished
Full redemption now we see!
Vanquished all the evil powers
Through the Cross triumphantly!

Praise Him Christ is resurrected!
God hath raised Him from the dead!
All the power of death is swallowed,
Man from death to life is led!
Broken through are hell and darkness
And His pow'r exibited!