Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Harry Potter meets Jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Harry Potter meets Jesus

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

A Norwegian church that included the popular Harry Potter character as a theme in the worship service has raised some questions among Norwegian priests, reports said on Wednesday.
Priests and young members of the congregation in the 12th-century Berg church in Halden, south of Oslo, helped put together the service with the theme Harry Potter Meets Jesus.

The church was packed and many of the congregation had dressed up as characters in the Harry Potter films, newspaper Vart Land said.

Organist Michael Servant played theme music from the movies while the priest, vicar and many children walked in procession dressed in red and black gowns.

2005/11/25 20:02Profile
JesusIsMyLrd

Iowa, USA

Re: Harry Potter meets Jesus

Oh, my. Where has the Church gone? Is this a "Christian" church or a catholic, or what? This makes me somewhat angry... Here is what God says about that meeting:

2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

How utterly heretical that was. Oh, how the heart of Christ must morn over His fallen bride, and for those who profess to be His, but do not live for Him.

This urges me all-the-more to be instant in prayer, and not get caught up in the silly, non essential things of life, like football (This may start a whole new discussion ;-)), other sports, sports cars, and other ungodly things. We are to be servants of the kingdom of heaven, with our allegence there, not on this hell bound earth.

May our lives express, and be for, JESUS alone. Not the other things...

2005/11/25 20:26Profile
groh_frog

Re: Harry Potter meets Jesus

When did it come to the point where it's even acceptable to act like this? Are we putting on a play for the entertainment of the unbelievers? No! We're called to be set apart- to hate this world, especially the things in it that are forbidden by God!

The naive idea of taking something like this as a "tool for God"- maybe next we should all pretend to be sodomites to appeal to today's homosexuals? (heavy sarcasm intended)

Something like this makes me angry, and want to question the steadfastness of today's churches. What "rock" are they built on, that they don't build on the commands of our Lord? At the core of Christianity, there's supposed to be something different, however, it seems that so many are just actors with fun and fancy marketing scheems to promote their "Jesus club".

Grace and Peace...

2005/11/26 0:35Profile
PaulWiglaf

Hartselle, Alabama

Re:

Sadly, it sounds like an edict from a Pope during the Middle Ages; he said, "When you find a group worshipping a tree, don't cut the tree down: Sanctify it in the name of the Lord and allow them to continue worshipping there."

When I thought on this, I remembered the words so often said of the kings of Judah and Israel: "They did not cut down the sacred groves, nor destroy the altars on the mountains"--leaving festering boils of paganism to corrupt the soul of God's people.

Are we any different today?

2005/11/26 9:49Profile
lamuskrat

Gonzales, La

Re:

Falls right in line with my previous post "righteous anger"

2005/11/26 17:00Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
Sadly, it sounds like an edict from a Pope during the Middle Ages; he said, "When you find a group worshipping a tree, don't cut the tree down: Sanctify it in the name of the Lord and allow them to continue worshipping there."

I think I've heard that before but its still dumbfounding everytime I think about it.. Wow...

2005/11/28 9:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy