Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : In need of prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
lamuskrat

Gonzales, La

In need of prayer

I know this might not be the proper area for this request, so I ask forgiveness in advance.

I recently rededicated my life back to the Lord. I ran from God and my calling. Here lately the walls and ceilings are brass. I am struggling in all areas of my walk.

I am at a point of digust and hopelessness... I see so-called christians living in joy and happiness with sin(s) in their lives, no God consciousness. I struggle daily and can't overcome. I weep for the church and then think who are you to worry...look at your own life/walk.

I ask this of you my bro's and sis's because I sense a genuine christian fellowship here. Folks who know God and how to breakthrough.

Hold me up in your prayers please.

Mike

2005/11/25 17:05Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: In need of prayer

Hi Mike,

Have no words appropriate at the moment, but do feel your anguish. Will pray brother.

2005/11/25 17:25Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I ask this of you my bro's and sis's because I sense a genuine christian fellowship here. Folks who know God and how to breakthrough.

Brother Mike.

I know of how you feel and even this last week I have had struggles in my own walk. I really sensed it was a time of spiritual warfare, The Lord led me to listen to this recording 3 times today! I helped me imensly! do give it a listen brother, keep seeking the Lord (1 John 2:28).

So Great A Salvation - Part 1 (compilation)
So Great A Salvation - Part 2 (compilation)

It is awesome to meditate on the true and full salvation that Jesus Christ offers! we need to settle for nothing less.

2005/11/25 17:43Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Thanks for posting these compilations Greg. In Part One Paris Reidhead talks about the emancipation proclamation (11min.25sec.)- this is a MUST HEAR - it changed my life when I heard it for the first time and I have listen to it at least a dozen more times.

JESUS DIED TO SET YOU FREE!!!

Please listen to these comps brother Mike and I will be praying for you.

2005/11/25 18:51Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Praying here also; read Psalm 73.

In Christ,

Ron

2005/11/25 19:57Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Mike,

There is no doubt that you are in a hurting place right now, but I also believe that you are in a God appointed place!! It is when we are so desperate, so undone, so helpless that the Lord can truly reveal HIMSELF to us. When we're just totally undone and so sick of doing it our way. This is when HE can put us back together and we can truly change from image to image and glory to glory.

In my own experience, these are the times when I've experienced the greatest revelation of Christ!!! Do you think it was your flesh that caused you to hate you sin and desire to turn to God??? Absolutly not!!! It was the HOLY SPIRIT calling out to you.

So yes you're in a rough place, but it is a good place. Contine to cry out to HIM. Contine to seek HIS face. The hardest hour is always the last hour. Like a women in the last stage of labor, so shall your deliverance be!!! AMEN

2005/11/25 22:01Profile

Quote:
I struggle daily and can't overcome.

tinluke's 'hardest hour' scenario seems right in the Spirit with mine, but there may be a process - to get there. The Lord [i]wants[/i] to deliver you, though, so keep hanging on till He does!

Usually when things are hard to overcome there are two main reasons, either the roots are deep (or extensive), or, we have [i]not[/i] already [u]gone into the presence of the Lord with[/u] 'the problem'.... we are trying to overcome it on our own without His help, (although we may think we are praying for His help) so that we can present ourselves 'perfect', into His presence afterwards.

To beat any enemy, you have to know how he operates and outmanoeuvre him. Sometimes, in the presence of the Lord, this amounts to a simple 'I can't do this' prayer.

Or, it may mean taking a long hard look at the history of the addiction, and systematically asking the Lord to break it up into small pieces which can be overcome one at a time.

Lastly, the power in the Blood is able to break any death-giving power, no matter how strong. It also cleanses the fabric of your being, if you ask the Lord to apply it in this way. A simple prayer of invitation is all that's necessary. If there is more repenting to be done, it will come in the power of the Spirit with clarity to your understanding.... and that's the time to respond without delay.

But most of all, remember, there is nothing - Jesus knows exactly why He died for you personally - which you cannot bring into His presence for full disclosure and help from Him. If temptation is a problem, a ruthless promise to yourself to get into the Lord's presence sooner the next time, is the way to start - and as you are faithful to present yourself sooner and sooner, you will find Him faithful to help.

2005/11/25 22:58
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Psalms and prayers

Quote:
Praying here also; read Psalm 73.

Mike, praying with your thoughts this morning, Ron's suggestion is great to recall, the Psalms are a grand refuge.

106 and take note of the word [u][i]then[/i][/u]
107 and [i]thanks[/i]

There is a healing balm in the Psalms brother even if the Lord would have this distress continue in that paradox that we often find.

2005/11/26 7:57Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re: Psalms and prayers

Hi Mike,

There's a wonderful message on SI entitled "Praying Through" by an old-fashioned Pentecostal preacher named B.H. (Burt) Clendennen. It's something that the modern church doesn't quite understand or practice, at least in the West but it's something the old-timers practiced.

I pray you will find it helpful as the Holy Spirit illuminates it. In America, we want everything quickly (and the Lord God is dealing my heart about this as well).

I've always found that when I knew I couldn't do it (whatever "it" was), Jesus has met me and oftentimes carried me. I pray that Jesus meets you and carries you through this season of your life.

2005/11/26 14:54Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I wonderful sermon I just listened to by brother Don McClure is: Reckon It Dead I very much encourage everyone to listen to this good simple but great message as a reminder.

2005/11/26 14:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy