SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Revival! A people saturated with God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Revival! A people saturated with God

[b]Revival!
A people saturated with God[/b]
[i]Brian H. Edwards[/i]

It was the week-night prayer meeting. There had been bitter opposition to the gospel in the village, and although many attended the meetings from other areas, very few locals attended. A church leader suggested they should go to prayer, and thirty or so moved into the home of a friendly farmer. Prayer was heard, and about midnight Duncan Campbell turned to the local blacksmith, who had been silent so far, and said, 'I feel the time has come when you ought to pray.' The man prayed for about half an hour, 'because in revival time doesn't matter', and then drew his prayer to a close with a bold challenge: 'God, do you not know that your honour is at stake? You promised to pour floods on dry ground, and you are not doing it.' He paused for a while and then concluded: 'God, your honour is at stake, and I challenge you to keep your covenant engagements.' At that moment, Duncan Campbell recalls, 'That whole granite house shook like a leaf,' and whilst one elder thought of an earth tremor, Duncan was reminded of Acts 4:31: 'After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken...' Duncan Campbell pronounced the benediction and they went outside. It was about two o'clock in the morning and they found 'the whole village alive, ablaze with God'. Men and women were carrying chairs and asking if there was room in the church for them!

2003/11/22 16:21Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy