SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : looking for Ray H. Hughes audio clips

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
troyc

looking for Ray H. Hughes audio clips

I am looking for Ray H.Hughes audio clips of his preaching. He was a tremendous preacher and leader in the Church of God (Cleveland,TN) for many years. He was a great old-time pentecostal campmeeting preacher. I would like any information I could find on where to get any of his messages. It seems that the Church of God has covered a lot of this history up. They are so worldly now that there is no resemblence of their present ministries to those of the past. By the way, my name is Troy Cunningham. I live in Willow Springs, MO in the U.S.A. I am currently an independent Holiness Pentecostal. My wife and I attend the Hilltop Holiness Church in Willow Springs. We have enjoyed some of these old preaching clips. God Bless this site and your endeavours.

2005/11/23 9:37Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: looking for Ray H. Hughes audio clips

Brother I am glad you found sermonindex as a good resources. I do encourage you to check out these 2 audio clips:
Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead
Revival Hymn by various speakers

As for "Ray H. Hughes" I did a good search and came up with this, no audio sadly:

[b]Dr. Ray H. Hughes Sr. Donates Collection[/b]
Dr. Ray H. Hughes Sr. donated his papers, photos, and memorabilia during the summer of 2004. These materials reflect over 60 years of ministry in the Church of God and the pentecostal movement. The following article honors and highlights the ministry of Dr. Hughes.

A Pentecostal Preacher: Honoring Ray H. Hughes Sr.
Expectation filled the night air of September 27, 1948, as the young evangelist Ray H. Hughes gave his dynamic message on “The Answer to the Youth Problem” in the 20,000 seat Hollywood Bowl that was filled to capacity. Newspapers considered him “a vibrant, new voice for America’s youth.” At the altar call, “a mighty melting came as the Holy Spirit convicted men and women, boys and girls of almost every color and race...and there came a great surging forward to the altars.”

http://faculty.leeu.edu/~drc/E-Newsletter/Articles_Vol1_Issue1/HughesDonatesCollection.htm

2005/11/24 9:21Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy