SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Earthquake - 400 houses destroyed

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Earthquake - 400 houses destroyed

It was in a village high in the Himalayan ranges of Kashmir that a group of 15 Gospel for Asia native missionaries spent a week ministering to devastated earthquake survivors.

The village consisted of 400 houses. All were destroyed. As they were offered aid, many of the villagers experienced the love of Christ for the first time. Four families gladly accepted Urdu New Testaments.

"The army dropped off emergency supplies and drove on," one of the villagers said, "but you are the only ones who have stopped and showed us you care about us."

Gospel for Asia is committed to continue ministering to the several thousand people who lost so much in the October 8 earthquake. In the midst of incredible despair, GFA Compassion Services workers are sharing the hope found only in Jesus, and are being warmly received by the non-Christian population.

As I write to you I am reminded of your gifts and prayers for the earthquake victims. They are a vital part of communicating that hope. Thank you so very much for your heart to serve our Lord and share His love. We have on our website a number of pictures that illustrate the ministry of our GFA earthquake relief team. I hope they encourage you that your gifts and prayers are not in vain.

Yours for the unreached,

K.P. Yohannan

Link to [url=http://www.gfa.org/photoshow112205?motiv=WA5B-G4PS]pictures[/url]

2005/11/22 10:58

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy