Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
“Sadly some of the most corrupt parts of the church are those that proclaim the deeper christian life and baptism in the Holy Ghost.”

If you look in the church at this moment you will see some of the most vile heresies and lack of reverence for God in places that promote themselves as being "spirit filled" and having recieved the best God has to offer. This is of much concern to me and begs the question as the apostle paul stated "which spirit did you recieve" or which gospel did you recieve. Surely there are other apostles, christs, spirits, and gospels! This cancer inside the church is something that needs to be dealt with and surely a "John the Baptist" will be the first to speak against this "ye brood of vipers" to the religious elite.

I think we need to put the emphasis on the Christ-likeness and holiness before the gifts of the spirit and manifestions. Surely the manifestions and gifts are outward flows of that divine life but how sad a situation where a judas can walk in the gifts of the spirit but be filled ultimely with satan and deny christ for unrighteous mammon. It is even time for those that know these things to seek the life and intimacy with Christ leaving behind all the excesses unless they will lose their prize.

2005/11/22 23:56Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I think an thread that ties into this also is here:

[b]It's Getting Really Weird Out There[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=8095&forum=48&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=0

2005/11/22 23:58Profile
Valadar

South Africa

Re:

I couldn't agree with you more my fellow brothers and sisters. It is a great sadness on my heart to see the "multitudes of christians" are involved in nothing more than just religion "a christian life style" so to speak, but they do not know the Lord, its just good works -like a fellow brother of mine once said ,it like ticking off the different requirements to fullfil ie. read the bible(which is essential!)pray for 1 hour etc...

I have such a heavyness in heart in respect to this. May our God rend our hearts, so that we may hear and see the needs for our brothers and sisters, to live by the Lord and Him only and may He give us His love to speak boldly in respect to this

Greg I would like by our Father's grace to join the praying for the restoration of the church.

Grace and peace and love in Christ our Lord
Craig :-)

2005/11/23 10:18Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy