SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Bush Pushes China on Religious Freedoms

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Bush Pushes China on Religious Freedoms

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

BEIJING — President Bush was greeted in China with good news about trade and is making a point about religious freedom in this communist nation by attending church services before meeting top leaders.
Bush hoped to send a visible message about human rights across this land of 1.3 billion people by worshipping on Sunday at the Gangwashi Church, one of five officially recognized Protestant churches in Beijing. The State Department cited China this month as one of eight countries of "particular concern" for denying religious freedom.

The White House urged China's state-controlled media not to censor news of Bush's visit.

2005/11/19 22:50Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re: Bush Pushes China on Religious Freedoms

Too bad Bush didn't have guts to attend an illegal house church in China. Attending a government sanctioned three-self church is no big feat. Everyone one in China is allowed to attend and worship at such a church.

How about issuing strict economic and trade sanctions until all pastor are set free? Now that might make a statement.

2005/11/19 23:02Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Too bad Bush didn't have guts to attend an illegal house church in China. Attending a government sanctioned three-self church is no big feat.

Might want to think about that one again...
How could he even if he wanted to?

2005/11/19 23:34Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Mike,

I understand what you are saying Mike, but you are missing what I am trying to say. Bush going to a three-self church is absolutely a slap and spit in the face to the house church Christians and the pastors who are sitting in prisons and labor camps at this very moment for standing up against the three-self church. It is times like these that we should all hang our heads in shame for being Americans and having a man like Bush represent us as our president - for he is in terrible error endorsing the very thing the Christians in China are standing up against and refusing to be part of. How dare President Bush attend a communist approved three-self church. We need to stand with our brothers and sisters in Christ who are being persecuted not slap and spit in their faces by endorsing what they are standing up against.

What an embarrassment! :oops:

2005/11/20 0:44Profile
PTywama3

Tacoma, WA

Re:

I can think of only one word. Politics. Well, two. Police. Say buhbuy house church with a presidential visit. Not smart. And pressing a visible religious base on TV according to the most powerful country on earth... well, I'd say its about the most the man can do. Kudos, Mr. Bush.

2005/11/20 1:02Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Quote:
"I'd say its about the most the man can do."

How about saying "We are stopping all trade with China PERIOD! We refuse to do ANY business with a country who persecutes Christians!!" and not endorsing the very thing the imprisoned pastors and church members are in jail for standing up against and thus spitting in there faces? Is slapping the faces of persecuted Christians by endorsing what they are persecuted for standing against the best you think you a man can do?

It has nothing to do with political affiliation. For I have none. Republicans are just as bad as democrats and democrats are just as bad as republican, both are evil to the core. I would rebuke any politician who dared do such a thing to persecuted brother and sisters in Christ regardless of their political affiliation.

2005/11/20 1:27Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

I'm not going to get into a political discussion about the President. I support him but realize that his actions speak louder than anything he might say.

In China, the persecution clearly separates the sheep from the goats. They know that if they follow Jesus they're going to have to deny themselves and take up their cross and follow him. It's their great joy and I thank God for that the Holy Spirit is moving mightily in China.

In fact, many of them are praying that we experience persecution so we can know the unspeakable joy of being sold out to Jesus.

America is not a Christian nation but unfortunately it is a very religious nation. Enough said...

2005/11/20 9:46Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Patrick

Quote:
How about saying "We are stopping all trade with China PERIOD! We refuse to do ANY business with a country who persecutes Christians!!" and not endorsing the very thing the imprisoned pastors and church members are in jail for standing up against and thus spitting in there faces? Is slapping the faces of persecuted Christians by endorsing what they are persecuted for standing against the best you think you a man can do?

we can't afford to stop doing business in china. most american companies which make things we need have set up shop there. this is how we get stuff cheap by having things made in palces like china, india, taiwan coz labour is cheap, setting up costs are cheap for factories and stuff and there isn't as much in terms of environmental hoops to jump through either. look at the manufacturing labels of the things you buy and you'll see a lot of them are made in china.walmart buys a lot of things from there to sell it to us cheap so we're in a bind. if we boycott china, someone here is going to have to set up manufacturing facilities which will cost a lot making our products more expensive and few people will be able to afford them which makes that initial set up investment a poor one. America doesn't do much in terms of manufacturing any more as in the days after ww2 but we're a consumer driven economy now which is part of why the economy will collapse soon.

i'm unsure really what bush can do here but i can bet that most people in America wouldn't want to give up getting something from walmart for $3 if it means getting it for $5 or $6 for any reason.

let us fall on our faces and repent, repent and repent some more coz what our brothers in China are experiencing there will be upon us too. Prepare us Lord!AMEN

2005/11/20 11:05Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Quote:

"i'm unsure really what bush can do here but i can bet that most people in America wouldn't want to give up getting something from walmart for $3 if it means getting it for $5 or $6 for any reason."

How sick and twisted can a nation become. How embarrassing for anyone who is an American and especially the American church. :-?

2005/11/20 11:25Profile
PTywama3

Tacoma, WA

Re:

Quote:
How sick and twisted can a nation become. How embarrassing for anyone who is an American and especially the American church.

How proper have we become to deny that we have any redeeming value at all. Even though the American church supports missions more than any other. Even though a man who cannot actively incite rebellion in another "friendly" country is attempting to press a weakening political doctrine in order to gain lawful grounds for that same professed church.

Even though I live in the most blessed country on this earth, let me so thoroughly deny it.

Ladies and gentlemen, let us all move, sell all we own and follow after our God well into places we have yet to imagine. We are indeed rich young men.

2005/11/20 12:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy