SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are you real?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Abner33

Are you real?

Throughout the past few months I have felt that God has posed this question to me. “Are you real? Do you really believe the words that come out of your mouth? Do you love me?” I have noticed how Jesus didn’t say “I love you” to much. He did act it though. It has been a battle of wills lately because part of me seems to run from God and into sin. The smart side wants to please Him, do his commandments because I show I love Him if I do what He says.

“So many souls, just too scared to fight
They’re too worried about what people thinking of their life.
How can you fight if you don’t lay down your pride?
And how will anyone see if you won’t shine your light?
Jesus gave us life when he went and died.
So the least that I could do is give him all of mine.”
----song by KJ-52--

2005/11/19 21:30Profile

Re: Are you real?

Quote:

Abner33 wrote:
I have noticed how Jesus didn’t say “I love you” to much. He did act it though.

Good statement. :-)

2005/11/19 21:32
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Are you real?

I would guess this question will confront us all periodically. Is what we do for show, or is it done in obedience and love for Jesus? How often do we argue with what the Bible says or the Spirit is telling us? The Apostle Paul says he dies daily. If a man like him had to, why should we do or need to do any less?

ginnyrose

2005/11/20 9:05Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

Yes, this is a great question.

As we begin to walk with Jesus, the Holy Spirit will expose the sin in our hearts and there's no way for us to deal with it unless we're going to be "real" about it.

I fear that many start only on the exterior things and never let the Holy Spirit deal with the sins of heart.

I pray the Lord stops you from running and that the only running you will be doing is to run to him. Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

We can't come boldly, unless we're real. Let's be real with Jesus and he will meet us.

2005/11/20 9:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy