SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : STILL WATERS (Compiled by D.L. Moody)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
DezCall

The Netherlands

STILL WATERS (Compiled by D.L. Moody)

[b]November 18[/b]
[i]"He which stablisteth us...in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; who hath also sealed us and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts." (2 Corinthians 1:21,22)[/i]

When a Christian is sealed by the Holy Ghost, sealed as the property of his Master, there will be no need to ask, 'Whose image and superscription is this?' upon the sealed one. The King's, of course. Anyone can see the image.

Of what use is a seal if it cannot be seen?

Is the King's image visibly and permanently stamped upon us? It is on every Spirit-filled, sealed believer.

(John McNeil)

2005/11/19 7:13Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: STILL WATERS (Compiled by D.L. Moody)

Quote:
Is the King's image visibly and permanently stamped upon us? It is on every Spirit-filled, sealed believer.

Brother what a great truth you shared. I hope that you can share more out of this fantasic devotional volume. Oh God allow us to realize our standing in you that we have been sealed! We bear your image your name!

2005/11/19 22:52Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

[b]November 21[/b]
[i]I...heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, saying, '...Write.' (Revelation 1:10,11)[/i]

It is very sweet to note that a voice from heaven said to John, 'Write.' Does not that voice come to us? Are there not those who would taste the joys of heaven if we wrote them words of forgiveness and affection? Are there not others who would dry their tears if we would remind them of past joys, when we were poor as they are now? Could not some who read these words place inside an envelope something bearing their signature which would make a widow's heart dance for joy?

What is our pen doing? Is it adding joy to other men's lives? If so, then angels may tune their harps when we sit at our desk. They are sent to minister to the heirs of salvation, and would be glad to look upon our pen as writing music for them to sing, because what we write makes their client's joy to be full.

(Thomas Champness)

2005/11/23 12:59Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

[b]November 24[/b]
[i]Singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. (Colossians 3:16)[/i]

Remember that your life is to be a singing life. This world is God's grand cathedral for you. You are to be one of God's choristers, and there is to be a continual sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving going up from your heart, with which God shall be continually well-pleased.

And there should be not only the offering of the lips, but the surrender of the life with joy. Yes, with [b]joy[/b], and not with [b]constraint[/b]. Every faculty of our nature should be presented to Him in gladsome service, for the Lord Jehovah is my song as well as my strength.

(W. Hay Aitken)

2005/11/29 13:39Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

[b]November 27[/b]
[i]These have turned the world upside down. (Acts 17:6)

None of these things move me. (Acts 20:24)[/i]

The men that move the world are the ones who do not let the world move them.

(Selected)

2005/11/29 13:41Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re:

Quote:

DezCall wrote:
None of these things move me. (Acts 20:24)[/i]

The men that move the world are the ones who do not let the world move them.

Powerful! thanks bro, keep on sharing more, i like it very much[smile]

2005/11/29 13:56Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

[b]November 29[/b]
[i]With God all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)[/i]

Unbelief says, 'How can such and such things be?' It is full of 'hows'; but faith has one great answer to the ten thousand 'hows', and that answer is - GOD!

(C.H. Mackintosh)

2005/11/30 14:19Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re: STILL WATERS

[b]December 24[/b]
[i]Continue in prayer. (Colossians 4:2)[/i]

Our prayers often resemble the mischievous tricks of children, who knock at their neighbours' houses and then run away: We often knock at heaven's door and then run off into the spirit of the world. Instead of waiting for entrance and answer, we act as if we were afraid of having our prayers answered.

(Williams)

2005/12/25 15:05Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

[b]January 5[/b]
[i]The Lord is my...song. (Psalm 118:14)[/i]

Let us think of God Himself becoming our song. This is the fullness and perfection of knowing God: so to know Him that He himself becomes our delight; so to know Him that praise is sweetest, and fullest, and freshest, and gladdest, when we sing of Him. He who has learned this blessed secret carries the golden key of heaven - nay, he hath fetched heaven down to earth, and need not envy the angels now.

(Mark Guy Pearse)

2006/1/5 4:51Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

[b]January 18[/b]
[i]All things work together for good to them that love God. (Romans 8:28)[/i]

In one thousand trials it is not five hundred of them that work for the believer's good, but nine hunderd and ninety-nine of them, AND ONE BESIDE.

(George Mueller)

2006/1/30 5:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy