SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Revival Hymn, new #1 download on SI

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Revival Hymn, new #1 download on SI

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/top20.gif[/img]

Ten Shekels and a Shirt has been the top download for about 2 years, but it seems that there has been an interest and mention of the "revival hymn" and now [b]35305[/b] It is the top download sermon off this site.

You can download it here: Revival Hymn

Here is a quick description of the compilation:

This is a very powerful audio message that will stir your spirit for revival! Clips of following speakers included in this message: Ian Paisley, Leonard Ravenhill, Paris Reidhead, Duncan Campbell, A.W. Tozer, T. Austin Sparks. This is probably one of the most potent and powerful audio recordings on this entire site. You will be changed as you listen to this compilation.

2005/11/18 16:05Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re: Revival Hymn, new #1 download on SI

That's awesome. This compilation was truly a work of the Spirit and was and is a blessing to the body of Christ.

If you have never listened it, here is your opportunity...

2005/11/18 16:14Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

yes. with no exagerattion I have heard it over 50 times. I need to listen to it again, it has been awhile.

2005/11/18 17:05Profile
groh_frog

Re:

Dude, I totally agree. This has been everything from an icebreaker, to a challenge to other Christians. I love the fact that it grabs your attention, and demands thought, and often a change of heart. Good to hear that it's being spread!

Grace and Peace...

2005/11/19 9:23Profile
tacklebox

Roanoke Rapids, NC

Re:

A friend of mine (Miles Lewis) left me a CD with the Revival Hymn on it. Actually, he first heard it from you, Greg. The one speaker that stuck out was Ravenhill, who I had never heard before until then. That lead me to SI to check out more of him. Small world, huh?

I love the Revival Hymn, and I know it's big shoes to fill, but I would love to make a sequel. What sermons would you like to see feature quotations from? (if you could provide the exact quote and where it lies in the sermon, it would make the job much easier.) Post these away, and if someone else wants to try and put it together - well, there wouldn't be anything wrong with having two or more versions :-)

2005/11/19 10:14Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re:

Quote:
sermonindex wrote:
yes. with no exagerattion I have heard it over 50 times. I need to listen to it again, it has been awhile.

Same here, it's one you can listen to again and again and be stirred!

2005/11/19 11:17Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

The Revival Hymn breaks through...

Ah yes....

Why all of sudden does this keep happening? Was just appealing back to the transcript this morning, yesterday it was George Fox, the day before Adrian Rodgers... just coincidences I'm sure :-?

Took note of this the other day as well. Praise God! It too was my first introduction into this rather heated and 'legalistic' (so I thought) man of God, Leonard Ravenhill. Oh how I chaffed at him! Even with the realization that he was right, I so misunderstood his heart, it led on to "Why Revival Tarries" and that threw me for an even bigger loop... Coming out of a confusing world of word-of-faith constructs and confusions, it was like being dropped into a cauldron of boiling oil.
"Man is he harsh!" :-)

I won't apologize that now it's like having a granddad to sit and listen to and know that he is not going to give you a load of dung... Listening to his messages if one is perceptive enough you can hear his voice crack, the tears just welled up behind his eyes, ready to break.. even just mentioning the Lords name have noticed it. Blessed soul.

tacklebox, I really hate to disappoint you but I don't think there will ever be another Revival Hymn, we have pondered this before. It just has a certain something beyond the particular extracts that were pulled together. In a joint effort a dear saint and myself wrote out the transcript for it on the request of a brother in Finland...

I don't want to pour more meaning into this than is warranted, but there was something very incredible about going through the exercise. The beauty of it was that we did split the work in half and then were able to correct each others translating and pull it altogether. The feeling doing it though was one of great care, that we were dealing with something that wasn't just a clever compilation, but something more. To top it off felt very uncomfortable going forward with putting it out there without an acknowledgment from the brother who put it together. After talking with him and how he came to construct it in the first place ... let me just say the sentiments were the same, he knew that this was something more than just his tinkering and cleverness. There is a bunch of posts on all this elsewhere if one was to do a search.

Maybe a better thought would be to attempt to get to a place with the Lord that might produce something as ... gripping, but maybe on a whole different line of thought. It may produce something similar to a Revival Hymn in impact but this one is frozen it seems in any attempt to better it. Sequels usually seem to fall short of the originals...

2005/11/19 13:47Profile
tacklebox

Roanoke Rapids, NC

Re: The Revival Hymn breaks through...

I agree with the last post, and think it is quite hard to improve upon. Besides, I really have a lot on me as is, and if I spent time in prayer that I would have working on it, I might end up with a revival instead of a revival hymn! :-)

God bless you!

-Chris

2005/11/19 22:51Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Perhaps the sequel has already been made with us unawares? under a different title :-P

So Great A Salvation - Part 1 (compilation)
So Great A Salvation - Part 2 (compilation)

I think these records are worthy to almost label them as sequels? what do you think?

2005/11/25 22:36Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy