SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Intercession?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
habakkuk3

Virginia

Intercession?

The Lord is teaching me about intercession and I've learned much from reading "Rees Howell Intercessor." How has Jesus dealt with your heart about prayers of intercession?

2005/11/18 10:11Profile

Re: Intercession?

This is a short answer, because I say a lot in other threads.. but, to answer the basic question, I have benefitted hugely from other people's prayers of intercession, and by faith therefore, I [i]know[/i] they are a multifunctional shortcut to health, strength and unity in the Body of Christ - to say nothing of vital for the non-Christians whom we love and pray for to be saved.

2005/11/18 10:18
Sir_Edward

Michigan

My answer is that unless the church gets back to prayer and intercession we will never expereince genuine revival -- sorry just read Ravenhill's book -- [i]Revival Praying [/i] and I am very convicted, but that is a good thing ;-)

Blessings.

2005/11/18 11:24Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

Amen Pastor,

Couldn't agree with you more. For those who haven't read Rees Howell: Intercessor a good summation can be found here http://byfaith.co.uk/paulreeshowells3.htm.

2005/11/18 12:52Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:
How has Jesus dealt with your heart about prayers of intercession?

The Lord has been dealing with me concerning intercession from the very beginning. I have always, since being born-again, been drawn to intercession and to bible passages on intercession, and books and teaching on intercession. Sadly the real life application of those teachings is nowhere near where it could or should be.

Recently, the Lord has renewed this passion yet again through a couple of sermons preached by William Carrol of Times Square Church. These sermons have really struck a chord with me...

[url=http://www.timeforrenewal.com/mp3/2051104-F1-WCA.mp3]The Friends of God - Part 10[/url]

[url=http://www.timeforrenewal.com/mp3/205111F1-WCA.mp3]The Friends of God - Part 11[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2005/11/18 13:38Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Interesting that you asked....recently I became aware I have not been praying 'correctly' if there is such a thing. I would always ask God to speak to so and so. Well, duh! He does that! This statement assumes the individual will respond when the Lord speaks/convicts when it is as far from reality as could be. Now I pray that God would work on the individual to help them be responsive. Thankfully, I know the Lord knew what I meant. Just points up to the reality how we should depend on the Spirit to lead us in our communication with Him.

ginnyrose

2005/11/18 16:51Profile
dohzman

I have to admitt that I have found myself praying more and more but intercessing less and less. That is a good reminder for me to make some adjustments, thanks :-)

2005/11/18 17:12Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy