SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Radicals threaten to burn Christians to death

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Radicals threaten to burn Christians to death

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

More than 60 Christian converts in northern India will be burned to death if they refuse to return to Hinduism by Sunday, a group of extremists has warned.
The radical Hindus severely beat the converts' pastor, Feroz Masih, in a Nov. 4 attack in the state of Himachal Pradesh, accusing him of "forcibly converting" Hindus, reported Compass Direct, a news service that monitors persecution of Christians.

Masih sustained internal injuries requiring medical treatment and still is recovering.

The pastor's son, Ramesh, told Compass Direct the estimated 10 attackers were members of the World Hindu Council and its youth wing Bajrang Dal, which has been blamed for waves of attacks against Christians and other religious minorities since the rise of the Hindu nationalist party BJP in the late 1990s.

2005/11/18 0:30Profile

Re: Radicals threaten to burn Christians to death

Are these the same from Persecution.com?

Or an additional 60?

2005/11/18 9:14
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I thought Hindus were afraid to step on bugs? That carma junk... Now they are going to kill Christians? Hmm so the world now sees Christians as lower than bugs? Buckle up!

2005/11/18 9:21Profile
Compton

Re:

I couldn't find an update online to this story...does anyone have the latest on how these more then 60 people are doing?

2005/11/22 14:33Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

Quote:
I couldn't find an update online to this story...does anyone have the latest on how these more then 60 people are doing?

Same here...any update?

[i]"I just died for Him, but to live for Him, that can be harder than dying for Him"[/i]
- testimony of a girl who lost here father in a guerilla attack (Voice of Martyrs)

Paul

2005/11/22 15:22Profile
tacklebox

Roanoke Rapids, NC

Re:

No update just yet, but it looks like the original report is legitimate and took about 11 days to get circulated - maybe we can expect an update in a few days. I pray that God was glorified.

Here's the Gospel for Asia article (with a picture of the pastor and family) on the incident (GFA is VERY trustworthy):

http://www.gfa.org/gfa/latestnewsarticle?wid=9J1oyyLt3-GJUnjGkLxPpA

2005/11/22 16:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy