SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : The "26 Day" Bible Plan

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 The "26 Day" Bible Plan

Brothers and Sisters,

Through some circumstances I have felt over the last few weeks and increasing burden to read more of the Holy Scriptures. Do pray before you attempt to try this plan even though it will be hard work, it will be a blessing also. The simple vision is to have people read through the entire bible in 26 days.

"Here, then, is the real problem of our negligence. We fail in our duty to study God's Word not so much because it is difficult to understand, not so much because it is dull and boring, but because it is work. Our problem is not a lack of intelligence or a lack of passion. Our problem is that we are lazy." - R.C. Sproul

[b]Instructions[/b]

1. Print off the 26 Day Reading Plan pdf document and print it out and put it with your bible.

2. Read the selected portions each day, praying first for the Holy Spirit to reveal to you divine truth. Do realize that this is more of an overview reading of the Scriptures so stopping at every little verse will not make this type of plan possible. This is a plan that will give the Christian and broader overview of the scriptures and revelation of God.

3. As you read mark any verses that really stick out to you by underlining them. And after the whole 26 day plan is done then go back over the underlined verses for further study and meditation.

If you are willing to try this do post below and let us know you are doing this. I do pray that many will spend more time in the scriptures due to this plan. Feel free to share any hints or helps for people, or even encouragements.

2005/11/16 23:55Profile
Bomar

Re: The "26 Day" Bible Plan

I won't be doing the Bible plan, as I don't work well under those types of things, but I bear witness that the Lord is giving me more and more of a hunger for the Word. I barely even touch any other books right now, and my car is either filled with silence or audio Bible all drive long.

A great sermon is "The Word of God" by Keith Daniels, talking about how faith comes by hearing, and hearing by theWord

2005/11/17 2:26Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Yes. that is a powerful sermon towards the area of being diligent in reading the Word of God.

2005/11/17 7:41Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re: It's a great idea

Brother Greg,

This is a great idea. Our church will be reading through the Bible in the month of January. This was a real blessing to me last year and my wife has agreed to join me this January. Since English is a second language for her, this is a major commitment on her part.

As to this specific plan, I will certainly pray about it. It would be a blessing to be able to do this the next time through.

2005/11/17 8:03Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re: The "26 Day" Bible Plan

When would we be starting this Greg?

2005/11/17 8:55Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Brother, I am starting today and even if I miss a few days the definite goal is to be finished before the new year. Feel free to join today brother!

2005/11/17 9:09Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

I'm very interested in doing this. Who made the plan?

2005/11/17 9:59Profile
Roxi

Tallahassee, Florida

Re:

Count me in! As a busy graduate student in the field of science, it can be very draining to read so many articles and listen to lecture after lecture on evolution and theories that undermine the magnificance of our Creator. I have made a pact with myself, that for every scientific book I read, I have to read something to edify my spirit. I need to be washed by the Word again and again, and to gain renewed strength. This will definitely be a challange for me because of time availability, but I agree with brother Greg, I would love to read through the bible again before the year is up. And I encourage everyone to do the same!

2005/11/17 10:11Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I've been trying to die to self and need more discipline. I'll try it.. but it might take me 52 days!

2005/11/17 10:12Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I think what I might do is make it a reading/listening plan. I have about a 30-45 min drive to work, so I can just listen on my way and then read from where the CD left off.

2005/11/17 10:41Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy