SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Do you desire Deliverance and/or Separation?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Roxi

Tallahassee, Florida

Do you desire Deliverance and/or Separation?

Many people desire to be delivered from their sin. They believe Christ to set them free from their bondage. They are tired of struggling and failing time and again. These people have felt the victory of Christ and they are aware of the saving power and redemptive blood that Christ poured out on Calvary. But many people are satisfied with stopping there.

Think of the Israelites whom God delivered from the hand of the Egytpians. They walked in deliverence, but they refused to be a separate people. In fact, in 1 Samuel they cried out that they wanted to be like all the other nations.

I believe what sets a true believer apart from those who are using Christ for their own benefit, is that a true Christian does not desire to stop at deliverance, but instead they desire to be completely separate unto Christ.

A person who has experienced deliverence from sin in one area of their life, but still refuses to separate themselves from the fleshly desires that drive that sin are not walking in the fullness of life that we are called to in Christ Jesus. As it says in 2 Corinthians, separate yourselves and come out from among them, and touch not the unclean thing. We are called to live a life of separation unto Christ. To be fully devoted to Him and to walk in purity and righteousness. We must not think that Christ only desires to set us free from sin. More than that He desires to make us holy as He is holy.

2005/11/16 11:23Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re: Do you desire Deliverance and/or Separation?

Amen, a good word sister.

God wants to get at the root of the sin. I never saw until recently a clear distinction between our "ways" and our "actions." There are a number of Scriptures that suggest these are two distinct things. (I've included a hand-ful of them below.)

If I'm sold-out for Jesus, I can no longer have my way. God is not going to be my co-pilot. To be holy means to be set apart and that's what he wants to do.

The victories over sin are His victories not ours, so we truly have nothing to brag about other than the power of Jesus.

Jeremiah 7:3 This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Reform your ways and your actions, and I will let you live in this place.

Jeremiah 18:11 "Now therefore say to the people of Judah and those living in Jerusalem, 'This is what the LORD says: Look! I am preparing a disaster for you and devising a plan against you. So turn from your evil ways, each one of you, and reform your ways and your actions.'

Jeremiah 23:22 "But if they had stood in my council, they would have proclaimed my words to my people and would have turned them from their evil ways and from their evil deeds."

Ezekiel 20:44 "You will know that I am the LORD, when I deal with you for my name's sake and not according to your evil ways and your corrupt practices, O house of Israel, declares the Sovereign LORD."

2005/11/16 14:29Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy