SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Ravenhill info

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Jslimbaugh

Ravenhill info

Grace and Peace...

Here is a little info that I picked up about Ravenhill over the years from the people I knew who knew him.

His father lived a rough life. He became a Christian when Len was very young and was a vibrant preacher in the same bars and pubs he once frequented.

Len began preaching when he was 14 years of age.

He attended seminary for a short time, but dropped out.

His evangelistic meetings in England once drew traffic stopping crowds. He later migrated to the U.S.

He has three sons...David, Paul, and Phillip. Phillip was devoted to the Lord, but did not feel the call to ministry. He died of a heart attack just a few short years after Len died.

He pastored in Minneapolis for many years. He wound up in Lindale after accepting a pastorate in TX. He packed his things and moved. Once he arrived, he was basically told his services weren't needed. He wound up staying in Lindale anyway!

During the Lindale years, he led a prayer meeting weekly at Keith Green's "Last Days Ministries."

He is more well-known than people think. Even Charles Stanley invited him to preach in his church.

He survived numerous heart-attacks and several strokes...he once had to jump from a burning building, in which both of his legs and his back were broken.

He didn't marry until he was 32.

He loved eagles...paintings, sculptures, etc.

He was English, and this often reflected in his demeanor, which was often seen as impatient and harsh. But I am told he had the warmest hugs for the visitors who came to his home - both those he knew and those he did not.

I once spoke with him on the phone about a need in my life. He was blunt and no-nonsense in his counsel, but I will never forget his absolute promise to pray.

So...some of this is trivial, I know. But I always was grateful to hear stories that made me feel a little closer to someone whose work impacted me so deeply.

2005/11/16 1:15Profile
Jslimbaugh

Re: Ravenhill info

Sorry - this was meant to go as a post in the "Life of Ravenhill" section.

2005/11/16 1:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy