SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : teen hates God because of abusive parents

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rocklife

usa

teen hates God because of abusive parents

please pray for Seth, he is a teen who has gone through unimaginable pains, his dad sexually abused him as a baby-child, went to jail for it, Seth is going through PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder). Sometimes he is open to God, sometimes he hates God and blames God for letting bad things happen to babies. Please pray for him and his repentance and see God's plans from all that terrible suffering.

thank you so much

2005/11/15 1:18Profile

Re: teen hates God because of abusive parents

Hi rocklife,

Please forgive me for being straightforward here.

Quote:
Please pray for him and his repentance

I know you've been taught that [i]repentance[/i] is an important part of coming to God, and everyone assumes it needs to be rolled out to survivors of sexual abuse such as Seth as a [u]pre-requisite[/u] for any encounter he may have with God, but, it sounds to me as if Seth's primary need is to find that God [i]understands his pain[/i] and [u]can and will heal him[/u].

He will respond to God for [i]salvation[/i] (forgiveness of sin) as he is able to distinguish between what he needs to repent of, and the reactions to having been abused; and, as the Lord helps him with the PTSD, and he finds the Lord able to relieve his mental and physical distress.

The Lord can do this because He is the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world, in much the same way as He healed people during His earthly ministry, when He also pronounced them forgiven.

[i][b]James 5[/b]
13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms.
14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.
15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven[/i].

The most important thing you can do for Seth is to present the Lord as approachable and capable and infinitely willing and able to heal, right back to the very first time he was assaulted.

How old is Seth, now, please?

Is there another father figure in the family?

I will pray.

2005/11/15 6:46
rocklife

usa

Re:

thank you Dorcas, I appreciate the advice about God being our healer.

He is 18, no father figure, some of his friend's parents he considered like family recently died in a car accident.

Is there other good things you can share with me? pm is good too for sensitive things. thanks again

2005/11/16 17:53Profile

Re:

Dorcas, great post.

Myself, growing up with NO father figure period. To have ONE person in my life, would've really helped out alot of wounds in my life. That God is now healing.

Ask maybe a deacon, maybe a pastor, maybe an elder. But someone who is older and could 'stand in the gap' of a father.

Even in God's instant healing. That person came from a LIFESTYLE of something; i.e. addiction (drugs, food...etc..) and it can be a 'firm' conception of 'what a male figure in my life means to me'.

What I'm trying to get at. Is, pray that God heals this young boy's heart. And not only that. But that God rises someone up to also SHOW him what a father really is like.

Mentor, best-friend. Something.

Think of it this way. If someone got free from smoking. They have been addicted 10 years and God sets them free one day. That person is lost. Why? Because they need to find SOMETHING to occupy the time with. Instead of smoking, they need to do something else.

Now, some who get set free, CAN enter back into bondage. Because that they are like 'i have no idea what should i fill the time with'. So that fill up the newly found free time back into smoking.

I don't think its a '100%' need. But, i believe strongly, this will help. It won't just change the outside appearance of his face. But change him INWARDLY. 8-)

2005/11/17 0:17

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy