Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : prayer/advice welcome

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

prayer/advice welcome

I could be a tad paranoid, but my boss(i'm a janitor) might be a satanist. His teenage kids wear pentagrams and listen to music like Deicide, AC/DC, Godsmack and just about anything that mocks God. At first I just thought they were just doing that to try to be cool, but I have nagging doubts. One reason I am concerned is that I just moved into the downstairs portion of his house. Being in the lukewarm, backslidden state that I am in right now, I feel there is a chance that this could be another one of the devil's plots to try and shipwreck my faith.

2005/11/13 7:45Profile
JFEdgar

Wellington, Ohio

Re: prayer/advice welcome

Hey brother...

I appreciate your honesty. Ofcourse, it is always easy to be more honest on the computer. Ive come to believe that one of the strongest characteristics a christian can have that will contribute to his/her growth is honesty with him/herself and with others.

I dont really know about your situation with your boss. I personally listened to most of those bands, wore the shirts, loved pentagrams, but my parents never encouraged it. They werent truly reborn Christians, ofcourse, but they certainly werent practicing satanists.

However, I was hoping I could minister to you about the state you said you were in. I personally feel myself in a similar situation. To be totally honest, over the past few weeks I have fallen hard and cant seem to get back up. However, what I do know is that what has helped me in the past, and what I need to just firmly stand in and believe right now in order to get back up and walk with God is this; that no matter how bad I am, no matter how hard I have fallen, Jesus' blood covers me just as much now as on the days that I feel like im "holy" and "sold out". Even on those days where I do feel more "holy" and "sold out", I still need Jesus' blood to cover those sins that I dont even know im committing. Well, although ive fallen now, His blood is just as real now as it is on those days. It will do the same life-giving, spirit cleansing work that it does on those days if all I do is confess my sins to Him and ask. And that means that TODAY I can walk with God, be "holy" and sold-out and have the same deep relationship that I have had in the past.

In the New Testament, the word "Backslidden" doesnt appear. I dont like this term, because it implies that we have to "forward slide" to get back. The truth is, in the New Testament, we fall, we dont backslide. But anyone who has fallen can get right back on their feet today and be in the same standing that they were before they fell.

Praise God for that!

"Behold the lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world". His blood will cover you today, and you can be a 'strong', standing Christian who is just as firm in the Lord as you were before you fell.

God bless!

2005/11/13 10:57Profile
HopeinChrist

Quote:
Being in the lukewarm, backslidden state that I am in right now, I feel there is a chance that this could be another one of the devil's plots to try and shipwreck my faith.

What I'm about to say is with the greatest compassion and spoken as one who has walked where you are more than I care to remember. If this is truly your state it is because it is a choice you have made to abide there. God's word tells us to draw near to Him and He will draw near to us. Notice who is drawing first. If you believed in Jesus' blood to redeem you and give you "right standing" with God then he has not left you. You are the one who left. He is patiently waiting for you. Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened. I like what the other poster said,

Quote:
no matter how bad I am, no matter how hard I have fallen, Jesus' blood covers me just as much now as on the days that I feel like im "holy" and "sold out".

This is an important truth that many Christians never grip yet it is so liberating when you really "get it." It is our carnal nature to be too easily moved by our conditions and feelings which can change day by day, hour by hour and minute by minute. But if we learn to stand in our positon and "choose" to believe what God says over what our feelings tell us then we become like that tree planted by the water that shall not be moved. My advice is to seek, knock and draw near. Believe what the Word says about you. You are more than a conquerer through Christ Jesus, nothing shall by any means hurt you and Greater if He that is in you than he that is in the world. You need not walk in fear even if you boss and his family are Satanist'. God wants to save them to. Build yourself up in your most Holy calling and let the love of Christ shine through your deeds, speech and life. Love never fails.
Blessings,
Hope

2005/11/13 15:19Profile

Hi drifter,

Thanks for bringing this all to our attention.

Here are three scriptures to eat.

John 3
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

My experience of coming back to the light, is that it is harder to think about doing, than to do. We all need to get into the habit of coming straight back to the light whenever we find ourselves in apparent darkness. Remember that the enemy is a skilled illusionist, so tend towards believing God's word, before you fall for his.

1 John 1:7
But [b]if[/b] we walk in the light, [b]as he is in the light[/b], we have fellowship one with another, [b]and[/b] the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

It is, therefore, a mistake to imagine you have to get clean [i]before[/i] coming to the light. Get that and keep coming to the light.

Hebrews 10:14
For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

The word 'perfected' here, means 'completed'. To get the sense of this, you can look at some of the prophecy in the Old Testament, in Young's Literal Translation, and find it is written in the past tense. That is, even though it hasn't happened yet on earth, as far as God is concerned, it is completed in the Spirit. This is how you have to regard your salvation [i]as well as[/i] praying each day for God to make a bit more of it real in your experience.

Regarding feeling safe from local Satanists, you need to let the Lord apply His Blood to your inner man/soul/spirit. By 'let' I mean 'deliberately invite'. This is a different concept from 'covering'; under the Old Covenant, covering was the best available and it was a repetitive ritual. Under the New Covenant, the old nature has been put to death in Christ [i]and[/i] there is no more offering for sin.

If this is hazy in your understanding, I suggest you pm crsschk and ask him to recommend an old thread which expounds it more fully, and keep asking questions in this thread.

One last scripture, which is expounded in detail by philologos here:
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7937&forum=35&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=0]http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7937&forum=35&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=0[/url]

1 John 5:18
We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

2005/11/13 15:49
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Sorry I was so late in replying, but I have not had access to a computer for a couple of days. Thank you all for your advice and concern.

2005/11/18 17:04Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy