SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : [GFA Urgent Prayer] Believers Under Vicious Threat

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 [GFA Urgent Prayer] Believers Under Vicious Threat

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

Dear Friend in Christ,

I am asking you today to pray for an extremely critical situation.

More than 60 new believers in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh are being threatened with death if they do not convert back to Hinduism! It is not enough that they escaped the spiritual bondage that has oppressed their people for centuries, but now radical Hindus have threatened to burn alive any Christians who do not return to their former slavery.

Here is what happened:

On November 4, a pastor was attacked and severely beaten by a group of militants who threatened his life. Now the same group says they will conduct a puja (ritual) on November 20 to forcefully convert the Christians in his church to Hinduism--and burn alive any who do not renounce their new faith.

The pastor has filed a complaint with local police, but the area is dominated by a large temple to the Hindu god Shiva. Thousands of pilgrims come to the temple, so Hinduism is important to the local economy. It is not clear if the police will take any action to protect the Christians.

What is most important now is that we pray for this situation. I urge you to pray for the protection of the men, women and children in that place who have committed their lives to Christ. Pray that God will surround them with His angels and turn back any violence. Please also pray for their attackers, that their hearts will be softened and that God will work a miracle in their lives. Imagine what a powerful force for good they could become if they surrendered their lives to the Living God instead of gods that do not hear them!

Please share this request with your church and your friends. This is a spiritual battle, and only through prayer and fasting will the enemy be defeated in this stronghold.

I thank you for being a part of what God is doing in Asia. Thank you, most of all, for standing with us and with our brothers and sisters in Himachal Pradesh during this challenging time.

Yours for the lost of Asia,

K.P. Yohannan
Founder & President
Gospel for Asia

2005/11/11 18:19Profile
Snowdrop

Re: [GFA Urgent Prayer] Believers Under Vicious Threat

Dear brethren in Christ Jesus, i pray with you right now, for the brethren in Himachal Pradesh, that THe LORD BE GLORIFIED in their struggle against evil forces, and false Gods, as they Stand on The Rock, to defeat the enemy, and that The light of Truth Shine through these brethren to illuminate the Word of God to those who are decieved and come against them. thank you Lord for a Victorious outcome to the Glory of God . Amen.

2005/11/11 23:27Profile

Re:

I'm glad you posted that, i just got it and was like. "The church needs to hear".

2005/11/11 23:33
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Yes may we pray for the brethren in places were they are persecuted.

2005/11/11 23:51Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

Praying for these men.

Can you even imagine something happening like this happening in your area, or my country? Unbelievable how smart satan is...

In our countries satan tries to bring believers back to their old lives...not with violence but through deception and the offering of many (to the flesh) attractive activities.

In these countries he tries to bring believers back to their old lives...forcefully.

But...[i]"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31-32)[/i]

[color=990000]"I pull over the side of the road and I
Watch the cars pass me by
The headlights and the black limousines tell me
Someone is saying goodbye
I bow my head and I whisper a prayer, "Father,
Comfort their broken hearts"
And as I drive away there's a thought that I
I cannot escape, no I, I cannot escape this thought
I can't get away

[Chorus:]
Oh, if this should be my last day on this earth
How then shall I live
Oh, if this should be the last day that I have
Before I breathe the air of Heaven
Let me live it with abandon to
The only thing that remains
After my last day here on earth

If this should be my last day here on earth
If this should be my last, last day here on earth

And if tomorrow comes to find me
Looking in the face of Jesus
Will I hear Him say the words "well done" ?

If this should be my last, my last day here on earth
'Cause this could be my last, this could be my last
This could be my last day"
- Steven Curtis Chapman[/color]

2005/11/12 4:55Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

dear brethren
these things shouldn't trouble us in light of what Christ told us, if the world even hated Him, how much more should the world then hate us. Let each one respond to this need as God instructs be it prayer, fasting of anything else. there things shall overtake us believers wherever we are be it europe, africa, america, wherever we believers are. in preparation let us repent of our sins before a Holy and Sovereign God and be concecrated to Him and He will surely give us grace to endure what is going to befall us.AMEN

2005/11/12 13:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy