SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Few Questions for Street Preachers

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
dohzman

Re:

Quote:
I am among giants

God uses oridinary people to do extraordinary things, that way He gets the glory. It's All Of Grace, His :-)

2005/11/11 17:00Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

As one person on here long ago posted, we are but mere men of the great God :) We are just doing what God has called and equipped us to do. We are no more spiritual or great than the man or woman who stands in front of youthful eyes every Sunday morning.

2005/11/11 19:17Profile
Sir_Edward

Michigan

Re:

All,
It was not my intention to puff anyone up, but i do stand in awe at what God is doing through you. If you are giants (I tihnk you are) then it is God who has made you so.

Blessings.

2005/11/11 21:40Profile
Willo

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: A Few Questions for Street Preachers

Quote:
1. Why do you do it?

I preach in the streets, so that God may get glory, and so that each person that hears cannot give the excuse we didn't know.

Plus Christ commanded us to do it.

Quote:
2. What got you started?

Through the Grace of God, we were given a permit to preach in the mall, and when I got there, I realised that in the whole evangelism team, no one had ever preached open air before, so being leader I had to preach first.

Quote:
3. Who Inspires You the most beside Christ in Preaching?

Hard to answer, but I would say I am most inspired by first timers over coming their fears, and lifting up the name of Christ on the streets.

Quote:
4. Who do you consider to be the best street preacher ever?

If we look in the bible, I would say Jesus ;-)

But out of the Bible, John Wesley, then Whitefield.

Quote:
5. What are some of the expereinces in this that have touched you deeply and what are some that have been hostile?

Earlier in 2005 I was preach in King George Square at night time to a big crowd, when a bunch of satanist decided to beat me up, and set me on fire for preaching. That was the most hostile, but God brought it for good, when 2 girls that saw this repented!

2005/11/11 22:45Profile
saved_matt

Lancashire, England

Re:

I want to change my repsonse to question 5 after today's experience.. i was out preaching today in my home town and a girl walked up, now I'm not used to people coming to listen to what I say, so far everyone that has come up to me has had a go at me, but this girl was listening! albeit a bit sarcastically she was about 15 years old, then she was joined by 2 friends, they sat down!!!! i carried on preaching and as i got to the topic of sin, i asked one of the girl if i could ask her a few things, she said sure, so i took her through the law and as i did i could see conviction on her face, my fiance who was with me saw conviction on the face of her friends too! Praise God !!!! they rushed off before i could give them the gospel but the Holy Spirit was at work in them this afternoon.

matt

2005/11/12 12:27Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Wow this is such a cool topic to read! :-)

"[i]How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace and bring glad tidings of good things![/i]"

It's so cool that you people openly share the Truth and the Gospel on the streets!
I will pray some more for streetpreachers. :-)

2005/11/13 11:42Profile
Sir_Edward

Michigan

Re:

Just a word of thank you to all the street preachers that responded. I will be praying for you these days more than ever. I beleive you are on the front lines of it. I agree with Warrior4Jah that this has been a remarkable thread to read, I am glad I asked my questions.

Blessings.

2005/11/18 15:40Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy