SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : What type of new features would you like to see on SI?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Introduction to Speaker page...

Hi PreachParsly...

I am actually quite happy with the current format of SermonIndex. However, I do agree that the addition of biographies could be quite helpful to visitors who might be unfamiliar with a particular speaker or writer.

Perhaps this could be done under each "downloads" section. Once clicking on a name (such as "Leonard Ravenhill"), you could come to a page that offers a short (yet concise) biography of that person. Links from this particular page could direct visitors to the audio sermons, video sermons, text sermons, photos, and tracts of this particular individual.

:-)

2005/11/10 9:14Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: Introduction to Speaker page...

Quote:
I am actually quite happy with the current format of SermonIndex.

Oh, trust me, I am too! You would have to be out of your mind to complain about this site or in the flesh.

2005/11/10 9:17Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Also, I'm sure we could get people to read classic books, and poweful ones that are more modern, and record them.

It would have to be more classical works and books because of the copyright issues. Most books from 1925 and downwards are open grabs to do anything with.

Quote:
Perhaps this could be done under each "downloads" section. Once clicking on a name (such as "Leonard Ravenhill"), you could come to a page that offers a short (yet concise) biography of that person. Links from this particular page could direct visitors to the audio sermons, video sermons, text sermons, photos, and tracts of this particular individual.

Yes my thinking thus far is the same towards having an consise simple listing and then links to any other resources sections on the site that have this author!

2005/11/10 10:12Profile
Bomar

Re: What type of new features would you like to see on SI?

I would love to have a section that is dedicated to helping us find information for lost people. Maybe a "gospel presentation" a "who is Jesus" a "apologetics" and breakouts like that. I'm sure there's a ton of great stuff here to give to the lost, it would be great to just know where it all is :-)

2005/11/18 14:04Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

That audiobook project sounds awesome.

EDIT: The Smith Wigglesworth audio on the site is readings from Ever Increasing Faith, but it's read by the computer voice isn't it? Quite undesirable for such a man of God. It would be great to re-record them with Holy Ghost fire!

2005/11/18 14:20Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re:

I had another suggestion

why not also make a [i][u]Video Sermons[/u][/i] section

(that makes it more easy if you want to find some videos of a particulair preacher. And you can see how many videos there are of certain preachers etc etc.)

2005/11/28 11:23Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

That's a great idea. Perhaps there is a way they could be tagged. Some things you need to view, such as Ravenhill's last interview and the folks in the Hebrides revival that were interviewed. Without the video, they wouldn't quite be the same.

2005/11/28 11:51Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
EDIT: The Smith Wigglesworth audio on the site is readings from Ever Increasing Faith, but it's read by the computer voice isn't it? Quite undesirable for such a man of God. It would be great to re-record them with Holy Ghost fire!

Are you up to the Job brother Eli? If youc an record them I will get them up. Do a small recording first and send it to me. It would be great to have audio up for [b]all[/b] of wigglesworth's works.

Quote:
That's a great idea. Perhaps there is a way they could be tagged. Some things you need to view, such as Ravenhill's last interview and the folks in the Hebrides revival that were interviewed. Without the video, they wouldn't quite be the same.

Excellent suggestions towards the videos. Yes I am definetly wanting to have a better navigation for the sermons so you can simply choose to view videos of a certain speaker or overall. Plus I do want to be able to "tag" certain items that will appear above all the rest as a "featured" resource. Great ideas brothers. Keep them coming.

2005/11/28 12:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy