SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Local church target of vandals, Greece, New York

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dougkristen

Local church target of vandals, Greece, New York

This is a church about 3 miles away from where we live in Rochester, NY. Pray for this church.

http://www.whec.com/index.asp?template=item&story_id=16693

Local church target of vandals
11/6/05

Greece church vandalized again

Greece police tell NEWS 10NBC vandals spray-painted graffiti on the walls of the Lake Shore Community Church. The images show swastikas, pictures of Satan, and anti-gay messages. This is not the first time for this church, the same thing happened in July. Now church leaders say they're going to have to spend more than $1,500 on surveillance cameras.

We spoke with Pastor Ray Lawrence who says the church is also a polling place for election night and the site of a blood drive this week. Unfortunately the graffiti will not be cleaned up in time for those events. “The thing that disturbs me the most is that it’s a wide variety of messages. I mean Satan’s temple is one thing, but then when you look at swastikas and fags that’s different. I just don't comprehend what it is,” Pastor Lawrence said.

Greece police say the damage will cost several thousand dollars to repair. If caught, the vandals could face felony charges.

2005/11/7 23:57Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy