Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Nice to meet all of you---

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Trish

Virginia

Nice to meet all of you---

Hello:
My name is Trish. Presently I live in Virginia, but will be moving to CA early next year to attend Fuller Seminary. I teach at a local university in the Va. Beach area. I work with the UG Ch-- in the Middle East as well as in China. I also do work in Africa.

I thank God for sites such as this. Thank you.

I am looking forward to chatting with all of you at one time or the other. Would love to hear from you.

God bless.
Trish

2003/11/20 23:34Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Nice to meet all of you---

Quote:
My name is Trish. Presently I live in Virginia, but will be moving to CA early next year to attend Fuller Seminary. I teach at a local university in the Va. Beach area. I work with the UG Ch-- in the Middle East as well as in China. I also do work in Africa.

Hi Trish! great to meet you and I am glad you found this site. If you have any questions at all let me know. I would love to hear more about your missionary experiences! :-D God Bless

2003/11/20 23:44Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Nice to meet all of you---

Hi Trish!
A warm welcome to you, hope you enjoy yourself here.

Quote:
I thank God for sites such as this.

I heartly agree!

Would love to hear more about your work in the areas you mentioned. Let us know if we can be of any assistance.
Mike (crsschk)

2003/11/20 23:50Profile
Trish

Virginia

Re:

Well---if you know anything about missionaries, then you know they love to tell their stories. :) I would love to share some of them with you--- especially the ones where God literally saved my life. He is awesome!

God bless you ---. (Sorry I didn't get your name.)
Trish

2003/11/21 0:24Profile
Trish

Virginia

Re:

Thank you Mike. Anytime!!! God saved me from death while I was in Yemen---how?? Because of an ugly pink frog. He is truly amazing!

God bless.
Trish

2003/11/21 0:28Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
(Sorry I didn't get your name.)

Greg ... I have been entrusted by God to run this site so if you have any troubles or questions about how the site works, etc. let me know and I can help.

2003/11/21 0:28Profile
Trish

Virginia

Re:

Thank you, Greg! You are doing a fantastic job!!! I will keep you in my prayers. SO nice to meet you.

Trish

2003/11/21 0:30Profile
sdb

tucson

Re: pink frog

O.K. I'll bite---tell me about the frog......

2003/11/21 9:44Profile
Trish

Virginia

Re:

Hello again. Before I left on this particular trip, God told me to take this ugly pink beaded-eyed stuffed frog that someone had given me for Valentines Day. What?? Was the craziest thing I had heard of. In the Middle East, stuffed animals are not the "thing" like they are in the West. I knew I would get some strange looks and comments from the locals that I would be staying with. "OKOKOK---I'll take it!" I put it on top of my carry-on luggage and zipped it up. I went to Jordan, Bahrain, Dubai and Abu Dhabi---had no idea that I would even be going to Yemen, even though I had tried to get a VISA on this end but never could. [This is another story in itself] But I did get the opportunity to get a ticket and visa while I was in the UAE. At this point the trip had become quite dangerous because of what I was carrying at that time--- I had no problem while going through the airport, but on my way out the Lord spoke to me and told me to be prepared because they were going to try and check my carry-on luggage---"Great! I thought!. This is going to be a death sentence" (not kidding--it could have been). Sure enough the Yemeni religious policeman told me that he wanted to check my carry-on luggage. "Yikes! This is it", I thought. I unzipped my suitcase and there was this pink frog staring right into the policeman's face. I picked up the frog and began using it like a puppet talking to the Yemeni man. His eyes got as big as saucers, and before he could think he was talking back to the frog. He was totally embarrassed since everyone at this very small airport was looking at him. He got so mad I thought he was going to hit me right then and there. Instead, he yelled at me in Arabic---to put that stupid frog back in my suitcase and get the "you know what" out of there. I happily followed his orders and dared not laugh until I was halfway across the Atlantic. That pink frog literally saved my life! How wise is our God!! I can never thank Him enough!!!

Thanks for asking.:)
trish

2003/11/21 10:14Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Thanks for sharing this!
Don't know if I am 'surprised' by the Lord so much anymore as I am amazed.
"My ways are not your ways"

That must have been quite an experience.
Tell us more!

2003/11/21 11:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy