SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christain baby forumula.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Saik0

Miami, FL

Christain baby forumula.

Is there any specific pamphets or other pieces of literature any of you specifically like to hand out to new belivers?

2003/11/20 1:29Profile
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

Re: Christian baby formula.

I really just stick with the Bible at first. Try to disciple them if I'm able to...though as a female, I only disciple girls and send the guys off to men who I know are godly and solid in their faith. When I come across a new believer who is totally struggling with their faith, after some time I buy them a copy of the student edition of Case for Faith or Case for Christ by Lee Strobel because they answer common "hard questions" that newer Christians tend to have. Unless they're really really struggling with a lot of faith-challenging questions, then just stick with the Bible. In my two years of being a Christian, I've only given away three copies of Case for Faith...one to someone who was okay in their faith, but just wanted to read it. The Bible's the way to go. I like the NIV Study Bible for new believers, but they need to be instructed to not depend on the notes or even look at them unless they're totally confused about the context of the verse or what exactly was said.

2003/11/21 13:50Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I buy them a copy of the student edition of Case for Faith or Case for Christ by Lee Strobel

That is a good book for new believers, does anyone know where to get it in bulk for cheap?

Quote:
The Bible's the way to go. I like the NIV Study Bible for new believers, but they need to be instructed to not depend on the notes or even look at them unless they're totally confused about the context of the verse or what exactly was said.

Even though the theology isn't perfect alot of the historical backgrounds, and also simple life application steps can be very helpful for new believers. I started off using a 'Life Application bible' which helped me to apply what I learned from the Words of God.

I recommed a small simple book to give to new believers or even older ones: 'Follow the Lamb' by Horatious Bonar.

[url=http://www.jude3.net/bfl.htm]Follow the Lamb (online text)[/url]

2003/11/21 13:56Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy