SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : WAY OF THE MASTER!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tacklebox

Roanoke Rapids, NC

WAY OF THE MASTER!

My name is Chris Wright, and I am a "Local Leader" in North Carolina with an organization called THE GREAT NEWS NETWORK. Through this organization, I got the wonderful opportunity to attend an EVANGELISM BOOT CAMP in Los Angeles, CA. There, I got to meet Kirk Cameron (Growing Pains, Left Behind movies) and an evangelist named Ray Comfort (Hell's Best Kept Secret.)

I had been watching a lot of Kirk and Ray's TV show called WAY OF THE MASTER, and I was surprised that they didn't just teach you how to share your faith like Jesus did, they went into the streets and filmed real encounters with all kinds of people, even Latino gang members!

The message of the cross IS offensive, but too many times we share a Gospel that is offensive not because of its content but because we present forgiveness to people who think they are not guilty of any great offense.
Througout Jesus' time here on earth, He demonstrated how to deal with the proud - use the Law (the 10 Commandments) to bring about godly sorrow (2 Cor. 7:10)
It's one thing to offer forgiveness for "sins" (without naming them), but to make grace truly AMAZING, offer grace and forgiveness to those who ADMIT that they are LYING, THEIVING, BLAPHEMOUS ADULTERERS AT HEART, and many will begin to hunger and thirst for righteousness (right-standing with God.)
For FREE information on how to use the Law in evangelism, go to http://www.WayoftheMaster.com or for even more FREE evangelism resources, go to http://www.LivingWaters.com

Or you can contact me via email at tackleboxministries@yahoo.com and I will do what I can for you.

Remember, evangelism is not a gift for a few - it's a call to obedience by all!

Ephesians 5:10

2005/11/1 9:10Profile
groh_frog

Re: WAY OF THE MASTER!

Cool. There's also some awesome sermons on this site from Ray and Kirk (Hell's Best Kept Secret included).

I would reccoment these guys, also. They have some awesome tracts and icebreakers to use in your evangelism.

Grace and Peace...

2005/11/1 11:30Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: WAY OF THE MASTER!

That's great that you got to meet them. Let us know how your endevours go.

2005/11/1 20:07Profile
tacklebox

Roanoke Rapids, NC

Re:

Since attending the Boot Camp in January, I have been out street witnessing almost every week. Lately I have been seeking God more and men less, but I am anxious to hit the streets again. If anyone here is around eastern North Carolina and would like to join me, email me! tackleboxministries@yahoo.com

Also, check out the School of Biblical Evangelism - If you can't afford it now, you can get in on a scholarship.

http://www.BiblicalEvangelism.com

2005/11/1 23:37Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Where are you in North Carolina Chris? I have done a bit of preaching open-air between Charlotte and Statesville, and personally live in Huntersville.

2005/11/2 15:38Profile
tacklebox

Roanoke Rapids, NC

Re:

Jimmy,

I think I emailed you a while back. Isn't this your webpage?
http://www.christiansteps.com/
I live in Roanoke Rapids, NC (off of I-95 near the Virginia border.) I would love to meet you sometime and collaborate on some OA preaching!

-Chris

2005/11/2 19:11Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Chris,

Ah yes... I nearly forgot :)

God bless

2005/11/3 16:17Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

That is cool that you were able to get in the GNN. I work at Living Waters Publications and it is awesome to hear from you guys doing what you are doing.

Anyways...

Just wanted to encourage all to check out our new tracts at...

[url=www.livingwaters.com]Living Waters![/url]

2005/11/3 18:36Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy