SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : EVENT: Open Air preaching in Trenton (Canada)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 EVENT: Open Air preaching in Trenton (Canada)

I was able to spend 2 days with brother ricki (repentcanada) in Trenton, Ontario which is around 2 hours away from Toronto (the large 2 million person city I live in). We had some great times of fellowship and had some opportunties to share the faith of Jesus Christ through conversation, tract distribution and open air preaching.

Open Air in Toronto
During the 2nd day me, brother ricki and his friend came down from trenton, ontario to share the gospel in toronto. We went first to bloor and yonge which is one of the major downtown intersections of the city. As soon as we were there we noticed a fellow that had a hell shirt with flames on it and a bill board attached to his shirt. I felt at first it would be a hindrance to our message being given but rather he stopped to listen. It was hard to get the message out and not very many people stopped to hear. But as brother Ricki was preaching out to the 4 corners of the intersection, I gave out some tracts and had a conversation with a man for 15 minutes. I was able to share the gospel of Jesus with him and he said he would read the bible afterwards, thats after he went and bought one :-) .

Earnestly Sharing
I was able to share the gospel with alot of highschool students who gathered to hear brother ricki preach. there would be small crowds of about 5-10 kids around me at any time and it was a great time to conversationally share the gospel message of the bible. One kid I spoke to was very intellectual and I spoke to him on that level and I felt the Lord guiding my words to share with him and not argue against him at all. Afterwards I asked him if he would like a bible to search some of his questions out, I said only if you will read it with a firm look, he smiled and said he would. After he was leaving in the car with the bible he waved and smiled, surely the gospel was good news to many of these students. Now the Lord will do the work as he reads the scriptures.

Market Place preaching
Here is a picture of Ricki open air preaching to a group of 40-50 students at a given time. Alot of them were not totally paying attention but the message was going out. The police came shortly after we began and I was able to speak to her for 5 minutes about the gospel and simply what we were doing. We were able to share the gospel for another 30 minutes afterwards with many tracts handed out to kids. It was a very fruitful time and I was left very blessed to be a part of this ministry effort that borther ricki organized: www.repentcanada.com

2005/11/1 0:46Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re: EVENT: Open Air preaching in Trenton (Canada)

[b][size=large]PRAISE GOD!!![/size][/b]

2005/11/1 1:01Profile
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re:

nice, greg...or rather..."sweet".

2005/11/1 1:08Profile
repentcanada

Re:

It was such a blessing for my wife and I to have brother Greg stay with us. It was a blessed few days, we also reached to Niagara Falls-Buffalo, NY though we only handed out some CDs, DVDs, and tracts that day. It's great going out with brother Greg he's 6'7 and I'm only 6'5 so when I with him everyone notices how tall he is and I just kind of fall in the background, I like that. God willing we are going to Hamilton this Saturday Nov. 5 to be apart of a seed-sowing day organized by Jeffrey Lockwood, (http://www.jeffreylockwood.com).

Bless Christ,
Ricky

2005/11/1 7:38Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: EVENT: Open Air preaching in Trenton (Canada)

Go Greggory The Great :) Dude, ur so tall. If you started doing some open air, you wouldn't need to stand on any soap box taht's for sure :)

2005/11/1 8:14Profile

Re:

Both you guys rock. I hope to make a trip up to see you both.

2005/11/1 9:22
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Great to see you guys linking up to preach the Word! Encouraging brothers!
-ELi

2005/11/1 9:26Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

i thought it was funny that you can see the police coming in that last picture.

2005/11/1 9:27Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Thanks brother for the encouragements! Yes you can see the police ih the last 2 pictures, the first one she is talking to ricki while im sharing and in the second one its of her coming at first. The most important thing with police is really to obey what they say, I am respecting their autority and at the same time trying to do what we can legally. These are exciting times.

2005/11/1 10:15Profile
repentcanada

Re:

Jesse when do you want to come?

2005/11/1 12:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy