SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Prince Charles to plead Islam's cause

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Prince Charles to plead Islam's cause

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

The Prince of Wales will try to persuade George W Bush and Americans of the merits of Islam this week because he thinks the United States has been too intolerant of the religion since September 11.
The Prince, who leaves on Tuesday for an eight-day tour of the US, has voiced private concerns over America's "confrontational" approach to Muslim countries and its failure to appreciate Islam's strengths.

The Prince raised his concerns when he met senior Muslims in London in November 2001. The gathering took place just two months after the attacks on New York and Washington. "I find the language and rhetoric coming from America too confrontational," the Prince said, according to one leader at the meeting.

It is understood that Prince Charles did not - and does not - believe that the actions of 19 hijackers should tarnish the reputation of hundreds of millions of law-abiding Muslims around the world.

2005/10/31 7:15Profile
Compton

Re: Prince Charles to plead Islam's cause

We welcome him. Maybe when he gets back he can go on tour in Europe to plead the cause for Christianity. :-D

MC

2005/10/31 8:17Profile
Agent001

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Prince Charles to plead Islam's cause

The title is a little misleading, isn't it? Almost sounds like he is promoting Islam. Clearly that is not the case upon reading the article.

2005/11/2 11:06Profile
PTywama3

Tacoma, WA

Re:

It sounds like a British article. And yeah, trying to dissuade American leaders that the Islamic faith doesn't actually state "death to all heathens" sounds like pushing it to me. Sad and unfortunate.

So maybe he's just pushing non-fundamentalist Islam. Knowing the political spectrum, however, would suggest that the Prince won't actually expect people to understand what words with more than three syllables mean.

I just think its a good thing that God never said we had to be tolerators. ;)

2005/11/2 11:49Profile
groh_frog

Re:

I've gotta say that I completely disagree with the Prince's viewpoint.

Basically, it is a bloodthirsty religion, and I think the government is too tolerant of it. Just because there are many "jack muslims", who aren't active in what their religion teaches, doesn't mean that it's overall a good thing.

Now the fact that we know that there is only "one mediator between men and God," and Christ is that only way, any lie or deception is as dangerous as any other. All the devil has to do is distract a person for long enough...

Tolerance is one of the most dangerous trends that's seemingly sweeping the west. This attitude that "there is no definite truth, it's all relative; who am I to say that they're wrong?", is insane. And it's a tool that says "whatever you want to believe is alright", and it sounds like that's what's being pushed here.

It's sad. It's a false religion, and it's "merits" are an attractive thing to many people. Islam is THE fastest growing relition on earth today.

Grace and Peace...

2005/11/2 12:01Profile
Agent001

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

Neither did God say we should be intolerant and unjust to the peace-loving, non-fundamentalist Muslims simply because some terrorists claim to be Muslims.

2005/11/2 12:02Profile

groh frog

Quote:
Basically, it is a bloodthirsty religion, and I think the government is too tolerant of it.

what do you mean by that? frog, you an American? you know we have a Constitution over here, that guarantees EVERYBODY's right to worship the God (or non god) of their choosing.

good men have died for this Constitution, for freedom, for all.

2005/11/2 15:46
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: groh frog

His profile says: Doha, Qatar

2005/11/2 16:05Profile
PTywama3

Tacoma, WA

Re: groh frog

I think, just to get things straight - a fairly western interpretation of the foundations of the Islamic faith say that it should indeed be bloody.

The history of Africa and their rise of acceptance of Islam actually stems (at least in good part) from rebellion. Christian missionaries from Europe came several hundred years ago and tried to "tame the savages." The "savages" didn't care for that - as well they shouldn't. But they did something regrettable and rebelled against more than the missionaries. So they embraced something from another neighbor, and so spread Islam. Although not as uneducated as we would like to believe, it seemed to me that a number of the people I talked to chose to be ignorant of their religious heritage. That also doesn't denote a lack of personal practice, either.

In other words, the situation is complex. And they do it to us. I mean, the West is Christian, and they live like the people from "Friends" and "Sex in the City." And all white-skins are rich. Twenty bucks is nothin'. Ten bucks for a half-mile taxi ride isn't horribly out of the question. I'm just saying that politics is trying to shade the colors here, and the words of the prophets don't agree with the words of the politicians.

I think it is quite possible to hate the religion while loving the people. In the same respect it is also quite possible to disagree.

2005/11/2 17:59Profile
groh_frog

Re:

PT, Neilgin, Agent,

As PT said, it's possible to not hate the people, while you hate the religion.

I see it like this: I'm not a moral relavtivist; there is truth, and un-truth. I belive Jesus Christ to be "The Way, the Truth, and the Life," and that "No man comes to the Father, but by me" (Jn 14:6)

Beucause of that, I see that there are millions of muslims that are walking dead. They have no hope. They put their faith into a false religion, a false god. And it's disgusting!

To say my thoughts bluntly, I hate Islam. But I love the people.

Again, as PT said, so many choose to remain naive to the truth. Catholics, Mormons, Muslims, Baha'is, Hindus... These are all false systems designed to lead their followers straight into the pit of Hell, and so many "christians" just sit back watching.

I may never see a muslim turn to Christ because of my work. I pray that I could be a tool for the Lord that they might see the Light. But I will share the Word, and hate the Lie, because God is worthy!

You're right, agent. The political background of the US says that they must be tolerant of Islam, just as it is with all relitious beliefs. But "Trust not in the ways of man, and lean not on your own understanding." I'm not here to create a political utopia where anyone can choose to spit in the face of God if they choose. I'm here to serve the Living God! And I will do so! Even if all I can do is expose the lie for what it is, I've done right.

Again, if your agenda is of this world, then you're doing just fine in your "tolerance" of Islam. But I would rather Love them, and not their religion, because I would like to look back someday, and hear "Well done my good and faithful servant."

Grace and Peace...

2005/11/3 2:07Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy