SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is Jesus captain of your salvation or just a theory

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
shibu

Goa, India

Is Jesus captain of your salvation or just a theory

In the old covenant through Moses God gave law but in the new covenant Lord Jesus brought grace and truth. When He left the earth, He didn't leave a list of rules and regulations to obey like Moses did, but He left an perfect example as a Man to follow His footsteps. Now He asked us to "FOLLOW HIM."

Hebrews 2:18 "For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted."
Hebrews 4:14-16 "Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

Last few years these passages has been a source of encouragement in my battle against sin. Jesus knows exactly the pressure we face, when temptation and trial are battering us. Because He Himself went through same path as a perfect Man not as a God. Therefore He is able to sympathize with our weaknesses. Don't put a full stop there. Please go further step, now He is able to help us in our temptations and trials. Therefore scripture says " Therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

There is an excellent message spoken by Zac Poonen on "Jesus Was Tempted As We Are." The video and audio version of this message are freely available in the following link.
http://www.cfcindia.com/cda/mainpages/vmessage.php?issue=35&date=05_10&title=Jesus+Was+Tempted+As+We+Are

Pray that this truth will be an eye opener and will encourage you in your battle against sin. Don't believe the lie of the old serpent "defeat as your destiny." Overcome that lie with God's promise "you shall call His name JESUS, for He will save His people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21).” How much ever you may fall into same sin, getup from that pit and believe in the efficacy of blood of Jesus. Then mourn over your sin, don't take it lightly and ask the Holy Spirit to give you more fear of God. Finally hold on to the promise of God.

Psalm 102:19-20 "For He looked down from the height of His sanctuary; from heaven the LORD viewed the earth, to hear the groaning of the prisoner (who are bound by sin), to release those appointed to death (spiritual decay)." [b]When the Lord is looking for such to help, will He find us? or He find us satisfied with mediocre defeated life.[/b]

In Him,
Shibu

2005/10/28 3:51Profile
shibu

Goa, India

Re: Is Jesus captain of your salvation or just a theory

Though Jesus promised that "I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly (John 10:10)". Why then many of us don't enter into abundant life in Christ. Reason for that "There is a saying in India, milk is only for the child who is crying." There is few Christians only, who consistently get alone with God with an open bible and asking God to search his/her heart with His penetrating laser beam and allowing Him to take the scan of his hidden parts. Like David said "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life." (Psalm 139:23-24, NLV). There must be a deep sense of longing to press forward, such person will receive fresh light from God which will lead him to experience fresh renewal.

John 7:36-38 On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” Here Lord put only condition, we have to thirst for the life of God to overflow from our innermost being.

Exodus 2:23-25 Now it happened in the process of time that the king of Egypt died. Then the children of Israel groaned because of the bondage, and they cried out; and their cry came up to God because of the bondage. So God heard their groaning, and God remembered His covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob. And God looked upon the children of Israel, and God acknowledged them. In this portion we can see that God remembered His covenant covenant made with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob only when He heard their groaning because of bondage. This is another reason for not experiencing personal revival there is no groaning to be delivered from the power of sin.

This is God's will that we should experience personal revival consistently. One year back I had been blessed by listening to the messages of A.W. Tozer on Rut, Rot or Revival.

In Him,
Shibu

2005/10/28 11:06Profile
shibu

Goa, India

Re: Is Jesus captain of your salvation or just a theory

God's word says in 1 Timothy 3:16 "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up in glory."

Our human brain or logic never comprehend how Jesus Christ being God became a perfect Man. Paul says it is MYSTERY. One more scripture to show the perfect humanity of Lord Jesus is taken from Philippians 2:5-6 "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bond servant, and coming in the likeness of men."

Another question we can ask, why Jesus had to be tempted like us. The answer is given in Hebrews 2:17-18 "Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted."

In Him,
Shibu

2005/10/28 13:03Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy