SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Newly elected Iran President says Israel should be wiped out

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
not meaning to bombard you with questions just trying to understand it all

Ironman
This list quite a little list of questions. :-)
I do think these forums should be places for discussion so I don't just want to list my own views on these things. The questions would supply 'threads' for many a day.

Quote:
what then is in store for Israel in terms of future restoration in this new covenant? does this mean Israel now has no rights to the territory it is on now as per the Abrahamic covenant or any covenant period?Does the abrahamic covenant then still apply in any way?

I think we need to be settled first that the Sinai Covenant is now completed and we then need to think of the implications for that. This Sinai Covenant is also referred to in scripture as the first covenant:Heb. 8:7 (KJVS) For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Heb. 9:1 (KJVS) Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. It is contrasted with another covenant referred to by Jeremiah as Jer. 31:31 (KJVS) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Isaiah and Ezekiel also speak of this 'new covenant' but not under that name. Isaiah says the 'covenant' is a personIs. 42:6 (KJVS) I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
Is. 49:8 (KJVS) Thus saith the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages; and Ezekiel spells out some of its unique promises:Ezek. 18:31 (KJVS) Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Ezek. 36:26 (KJVS) A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. The writer to the Hebrews says that in designating this second covenant as 'new' God has made the 'first' covenant 'old':“In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.” (Heb. 8:13, KJVS) Vine's says "the word is suggestive of abolition".

These are my reasons for saying that the Sinai covenant has been 'replaced'. That word constantly gets me into trouble but I cannot interpret this verse in any other way. Heb. 10:9 (KJVS) Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. To 'take away' so that something can be put in its 'place' must come close to a dictionary definition of 'replacement'. I think this demands another question; what remains of the Old Covenant according to Galatians and Hebrews?

2005/11/3 15:59Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Ron
ok we can agree that the old covenant has been done away with for the new one. i shall look into galations and hebrews to see what the Lord will show me. it's late so it's sleepy time *yawn* i'll pick it up tomorrow

God bless

2005/11/4 1:02Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Ron
as per galatians 3 the covenant of the law has been put away for the covenant based on faith in Christ. what was given/promised to Abraham was not by the law but by faith and so that still stands. at least this is how i understand it. now it's off to see what things the Lord promised to Abraham...

2005/11/4 11:41Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Ron
it seems to me that the promise God made to abraham was one which abraham accepted by faith. that covenant is unlike the mosaic one which was law based and replaced by faith in Christ. as far as i can tell that abrahamic conenant wasn't replaced and is in effect so Israel is still entitled to all the lands promised to abraham's descendants by God which seems to me to be a lot more land than currently occupied...

2005/11/7 0:20Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy