Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Davey and Goliath

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
no_stamp

Australia, Queensland, Brisbane

Davey and Goliath

Hey Everyone,

Does anybody here watch Davey and Goliath? What do you all think of it? I think it is great. A good thing to show children. It contains great morals.

What do you guys think of the words - blimey, struth, golly, gosh. The words blimey and golly are used in Davey and Goliath and as far as I know and so says the dictionary golly is an alteration of the word God and blimey is slang for 'God blind me'. As for the words gosh and struth, gosh is an alteration of God and struth is slang for 'God's Truth'. Therefore if we use these words we are blaspheming God's name because you can't ever use those words in a reverent way toward God. The above words are used to express surprise, not to revere God. What's your take on this?

2005/10/27 5:11Profile
Wildhorse

Australia

Re: Davey and Goliath

Oh dear - i knew "Gosh" was an alteration of God, so i don't use that, i will go "oh my goodness" as a conscious effort not to misuse God's name.
I have used some of these other words in the past in ignorance not knowing there was a meaning to them.

Oh, God, I am Sorry.

Michael

2005/10/27 7:27Profile
groh_frog

Re: Davey and Goliath

There's now another string on this subject in the scriptures and doctrine section to check out. Roadsign talks about the very same thing, and has links to articles on it at her website.

Grace and Peace...

2005/10/27 8:53Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy