SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is your walk with the Lord exciting

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
shibu

Goa, India

Is your walk with the Lord exciting

Matthew 11:28-29 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

The people who lived under the old covenant tried to please God by keeping rules and regulations. That made their lives extremely heavy and burdensome except few who rise above the old covenant spirit. Most of them obeyed God either for earthly blessings or out of fear of judgment. Their gloomy faces give an impression to the people around that God is a taskmaster and spoilsport.

In the new covenant Lord Jesus came with a glorious message that "God is our Father, one who is interested in each minute details of our lives." And He demonstrated through His life that He didn't obeyed the Father either for earthly reward or out of fear of punishment. But it was out of love relationship.

Sadly few Christians could only testify the reality of the following scripture in their lives, for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit (Romans 14:16). In every generation godly saints could testify that their walk with the Lord was exciting and simple in the midst of trials and problems in life. The secret of their devotion was "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ."

Listen to the special message preached at CFC Bangalore, India on 5th June 2005 by Zac Poonen titled "The secret of Devotion to Christ." This message was addressed to youngsters who are struggling in their walk with the Lord. It is an excellent message.

http://64.34.176.235/sermons/SID7342.mp3
or
http://www.cfcindia.com/video/05_06_10_audio.mp3

May God enable us to experience the freedom and joy of the new covenant life through Lord Jesus Christ and to radiate that glory to the people who are living in darkness. Looking forward to see more feedback.

In Him,
Shibu

2005/10/26 8:28Profile
roadsign

Re: Is your walk with the Lord exciting

Many thanks, Shibu for sharing. You touched my heart. I know what it is like to live under the Old Covenant, and then experience the joy of New Covenant life. What a difference! It is so freeing to be able to REST in God's salvation - his Sabbath Rest. It took me years to come to that point. Through an illness called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome God showed me that spiritually I was chronicly fatigued because I had never RESTED in Christ - and taken his yoke. When I enetered into that REST, then my illness miraculously disappeared.

I will listen to the message you suggest.

I have a question for you: Do you find that in India there is a tendency to slip into Old Covenant type of Christianity when they convert, or do believers readily embrace the joy of the New Covenant promises?
Diane

2005/10/26 9:58Profile
shibu

Goa, India

Quote:

roadsign wrote:
I have a question for you: Do you find that in India there is a tendency to slip into Old Covenant type of Christianity when they convert, or do believers readily embrace the joy of the New Covenant promises?
Diane

My personal observation is that the tendency to slip into old covenant spirit after experiencing glorious freedom through the gospel of Christ Jesus is same for all descendants of Adam. Basic nature of fallen man is to go back to the tree of knowledge (rules and regulations) than to the tree of life (being lead by the Holy Spirit).

Even in new testament era, only few entered into new covenant spirit. Their relationship to the Lord is out of sincere love and devotion, not out of fear of eternal damnation or for earthly blessings. Lord Jesus served the Father as a son but Moses was faithful as a servant. Both the spirits are entirely different.

Though many say that I am under grace, not under law. Sadly most of them are "UNDER NOTHING." You may say how dare you are to say such a statement. Because their lives are inferior to those who lived under law. There is no fear of God and fulfillment of moral laws in the lives of many who say that they are under grace. One of the surest proof being under grace is "by the Spirit you will put to death the deeds of the body." And as years passes by your life get better by being transformed into the likeness of Jesus Christ through the life supplied by the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Let us make sure that we are under grace.

In Him,
Shibu

2005/10/27 1:35Profile
shibu

Goa, India

The old covenant failed to show full revelation of God, though God intended that way to be for a divine purpose and another reason is that nobody has seen God. In the new covenant, Lord Jesus brought full revelation of God since He has been with the Father from eternity. This is the one of the reasons for new covenant's glorious superiority. The following three passages unveil that

John 14:8-9 Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.” Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

John 17:6 I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world.

John 20:17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.’”

Now I (a gentile) can call God as [b]ABBA FATHER[/b]. I am so thrilled by this privilege which God gave to me through Lord Jesus Christ.

[b]Hold Fast Your Confession (Hebrews 10:19-23)[/b]
Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, and having a High Priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

In Him,
Shibu

2005/10/27 8:43Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Hey Shibu,

I've listened to the sermon you posted a link to..
Thanks for posting it! Its good to hear.

Quote:
Don't be satisfied by the good testimony you have by the CNC or the good times of praise and worship we have on sunday, where you say:

'Lord, I'm thankful for this'.

But this can all be a deluded opinion of my own spiruality. Real test of my spiruality is in my secret life, how much do I love Him, long to know You better.

2005/10/28 9:03Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy